on 29 January 2001
this is a mickey-mouse book. it is O.K for very simple and non-explanatory answers to your questions, however it was not useful as a proper study aid and i would not recommend it. if you are looking for a good dictionary, look for Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary - it's excellent.
on 22 October 2012
I feel like this book has been great for me - I am using it to help me with my veterinary nursing degree and has everything in it that I need. I feel it explains everything to a point where you can understand it properly, without making it patronizing. Great wee buy for myself and i am happy with eveything - even the size as it does not take up a lot of room!
on 5 August 2013
I think this is a great little book, and a perfect staring point to get all the basic knowledge you need. I am currently studying for my Animal Nursing Assistants Certificate and will be going on to do the degree in VN next year. This book had been a great help getting all the basic knowledge I need and I now feel much more comfortable going on to the degree having read this book.
on 19 September 2003
This book is excellent for the student VN and other veterinary practice staff. It contains the really basic terminology up to the more advanced. I use it alongside my studies and couldn't be without it even after five years working in this field.
It's a sound investment!
on 6 May 2006
Very basic, a good starting point for pre VNs or reception staff, but i would not recommend it for SVNs or VNs - go for saunders veterinary dictionary.
on 2 November 2015
Could not have got through my degree without this book. Great for when in class and not sure of something, can look it up very quickly. Nice small size, but very concise. Excellent and simple explanations. A must have for any veterinary nursing student!
on 6 November 2014
Probably the best book that I have brought for my Veterinary Nursing Course, defiantly the one I have used the most! great size to fit in your bag to take to lectures ad look up terms there and then that you don't know.
on 15 December 2013
This is for my daughter, she has just started her course and I bought this well in advance as one of her xmas gifts
on 6 January 2016
Easy to understand definitions but doesn't include all words as only a small, basic dictionary.
on 20 March 2015