on 15 May 1998
I ordered the book from Amazon.com a couple weeks ago and I am well on my way to becoming a more effective illustrator thanks to David and Gary.
I am an illustrator, Instructor and president of the Aspiring Corel Enthusiasts User Group based out of Sacramento, CA. It is books like this that inspire me to inspire others.
David and Gary have out done themselves on this one. All that is left for us as serious Corel users is to buy their book and show them some of the same support they have been providing Corel users around the world for years.
It is dedicated Corel Experts like David and Gary who give us the courage to do the designs we can do, the understanding their are still some designs others will have to do for us and provide us with the infinite wisdom to know the difference.
Thanks Guys.......
on 10 June 1998
The main problem with this book is not a presentation or knowledge. The book is fine and shows nicely the amenities of Corel's software. The problem is the book costs too much. No CD, no comprehensive approach and still 50 bucks. I think that is too much. However, otherwise the book deserves recommendation. Faced with the meager choice on the book market I begin to understand why is Photoshop so much more popular though as a software it is not an inch better than Photo-Paint. (Well, I have not seen version 5 yet)
on 16 April 1998
Enough of converting Photoshop techniques over to PhotoPaint. Finally, the Prince & Duke have given the Corel community what the Photopaint users have had for years: A book full of easy recipes for awesome effects. This book belongs on every Corel user's bookshelf -- though it will probably spend most of its time propped open on your desk.
I can't put it more clearly: If you use CorelDraw or Corel PhotoPaint, eat canned beans for a week if you have to, but GET THIS BOOK!
on 7 June 1998
The book is designed project by project with step by step in every project. The idea works well and makes book very attractive and easy to read. Add here nice illustrations and color print. But (there is always one) this is far away from technical introduction and it will leave you far away from good understanding of all the power of DRAW which is truly amazing software that requires quite a work to master. This book is too expensive for what it offers. There is no CD either.
on 20 August 1998
I am a graphic designer, not an illustrator, and sometimes I find myself with a lower than usually budget and I want to do as much of the project as I can myself. What I've learned from CorelDRAW Studio Techniques has helped me compete with the big boys. It's given me the confidence I need in the cut throat advertising and design business. If your serious about what you do, this book is worth every penny you pay for it and more. Thanks Guys!
on 14 September 1998
This book is so beautiful it borders on being an art book as well as an instructional book. Gary Preister and David Huss have done an excellent job on all the different effects you can do with Corel and Corel Photopaint. Very inspiring!