on 23 November 2012
It was one of my required readings during corporate finance course at my university, I also got principles of corporate finance by Brealey, and this book is so much better. At first it may seem a bit simple and basic, because the concepts are explained in great details, but it is far above just fundamentals. It has lots of examples to make reader more acquainted with the problems. In this examples some made up companies' names are used, at first I found that funny but now I see that even this small details make reading it more enjoyable and make concepts much easier to remember. Overall great book, lots of interesting stuff and well explained.
on 30 May 1999
As an MBA student I found this one of the best books presented in the program. A truly clear, concise and student friendly book.
on 3 October 2011
I am bachelor student and found this book more than useful for my finance course. Good explanations, graphs and examples what made all theory easier to understand. Currency used in examples is euros, and corporations are more or less from Europe. What is more book was useful also for other courses (analytical finance, investment theory) and it seems that I will use it also in future.
It was delivered a little bit late, but otherwise no problems.
To sum up it is worth to buy it and it is good investment in studies.
on 24 March 2013
It is a great book with very detailed explanations. Good number of examples. Must buy for a corporate finance student.
on 2 April 2014
I am a final year medical student who interested in business and finance and found it very helpful. Although i will not use the debt and long term loan which uses interest (which is forbidden in islam), all the info about debt and interest rate etc give me idea how the money is working in current world. This book also explain the debt and loan equivalent in islamic finance which is very useful to me too :) It also explains very well about valuation and discount rate, capital structure, debt optimum level etc2..

Thank you very much to Mr David Hillier and his friends :)
on 24 February 2014
The contents are excellent and this book is suitable for graduate and postgraduate students study independently. Highly recommend! Good quality!
on 21 May 2011
I'll try to be brief and specific:
1) The book arrived with a delay of 2 weeks. I wrote to Amazon (and Amazon to the bookshop) and in the same day I received a reply telling me that it was normal, that in the lasts days the shipments have a delay for several reasons
2) Book: in very good condition. New but with a little scratch in the back cover, as it was described in Amazon

Conclusion: I'd do it again: cheap and (almost) new. The only cons was the timing.
on 23 February 2001
I was forced to buy this book, as it was the core text for my course. However I found it most enjoyable. The mix of diagrams and text, including excellent explanations made the whole course more interesting. I would recommend it to anyone studying or with an interest in finance
on 27 March 2011
corporate finance is a useful module for my financial study, although it is a little bit difficult to understand, enough graphs and tables will be more helpful and improving personal understanding.Excellent!
on 25 February 2016
A lot of text, as with most other textbooks, is not a good thing. There are many irrelevant sections and the explanations are not always clear. The price is very good for what it provides though.