on 21 November 2012
The book was very beneficial to a beginners course I am completing. It helped show the different grammar involved for each tense as well as providing a lot more vocabulary for certain verbs I was unsure of. Thanks to this book I have an increased range of french vocab and am more reassured when completing emails, speaking and reading in french.
on 27 June 2015
Having slowly lost most of my French since i left university, I bought this book to help me rebuild the basics along with other forms of learning. It is set out clearly with easy to follow sections and exercises. The language and examples are useful words/phrases and help to create a picture of how it should be constructed. I wish i'd had something like this when I was at school, it would have been a very useful supplement to my GCSE class notes.
on 28 April 2017
Excellent book for beginners and more advanced learners, with explanations in English. A lot of practical exercises and vocabulary sections. Explanations easy to read and understand.
on 8 July 2017
Does the job
on 2 June 2017
perfect.
on 28 October 2012
I've been studying French on my own, for some time now, and this is the best book I have ever bought for grammar practice! It's very helpful, explains everything, includes a vocabulary for every unit, and the exercises are great. The correct answers are included in the back! One of the best books I've bought!
on 4 January 2016
After studying French all the way through school up to university level (many years ago), I've been searching for a comprehensive book that would allow me to refresh my French skills - especially verb tenses and grammar. This is the book I’ve been looking for. It has 28 chapters (listed below), which cover all of the main components of French grammar. There’s a good review of vocabulary throughout each chapter and the author explains grammatical rules clearly – much better than my previous teachers! I’d recommend for anyone studying the language for the first time or someone returning to the language who needs a refresher. It’s brilliant.
1. Present –er verbs
20. Articles and nouns
21. Pronouns
22. Adjectives and comparisons
23. Demonstrative adjectives and pronouns
24. Relative pronouns (le quell, dont, etc)
25. Adverbs, time, location, frequency
26. Numbers
27. Pot pourri
28. Review/verb tables
on 22 September 2016
Difficult to read and learn from
on 30 November 2015
Really good grammar book to use which doesn't over complicate things, I love practising with these books, teaches me how to use grammar properly and use verb conjugations and understand what the different tenses are used for. This book doesn't bore you to death with just passages of text. It gets straight to the point so you feel like you are really progressing. These books are so good that I purchased them for French, Spanish and Italian as I am studying these languages at a language school and they have been very helpful. I want to be as proficient as I can in the languages that I am learning! I recommend for people who are afraid of grammar when learning languages, this will show you that grammar is nothing to be feared of!
on 30 November 2012
So many French books now are really only basic holiday french, not proper language primers. This is an excellent grammar tool for those who wish to explore the language more fully, and is easily explained with lots of examples.