on 2 May 2017
This book and its examples has been really helpful in nursing me, as a programming beginner, to the point where I can start to write code.
on 18 July 2017
Good book but loses a star because it is not really suitable for beginners as explanations of some key principles are, in my opinion, too brief! For intermediate to advanced users it's a handy reference!
on 4 February 2015
Firstly, I'm not a programmer or electronics whizz. Though, I do know some 3D software scripting. The sketches were easy to follow and the book introduced me to a few new concepts... most of which some sense. I'll just have to try and write some of my own examples to get better at understanding them.

According to my phone's kindle reader, though, more than 20% of the book was the index, at the end. So, I was a bit surprised. I know it was cheap. I was just expecting a little more. Still worth the money, if you're new to the Arduino.
on 23 December 2016
Ideal small book for beginners with clear descriptions of programming techniques that are easy to understand. The second book is also very good full of interesting facts and advanced techniques.
on 9 January 2017
great little book for all the basics in Arduino sketch programming, Really helpful if you're a beginner with Arduino / teensy IDE
on 9 March 2015
This book is AMAZING.
For a rookie like me, I needed major help for my final year project and this book rescued me.
It's very easy to understand and the examples are very helpful.
Just make sure you read the errata online and correct the minor mistakes in the book.
on 16 March 2017
Good book to get you started. Clear and concise chapters. Read it in a single evening and got me off to a flying start.
on 29 May 2013
i chose this purely because it did not look too much at the construction of what to build, but more on how to program better for your projects. this, now-a-days is something that most 'tinkerers' need to know. construction of projects can be staright forward, but its the brain that can get troublesome.

but this explains things in good detail and not with loads of jargon. so it is better for people to just pick up. though i always think that some form of knowledge before-hand is always a plus
on 15 July 2017
Seems very very basic, but it is a book for complete beginners, so that is to be expected.
VINE VOICEon 3 September 2012
This book goes through a series of examples that cover a wide range of Arduino tasks. If you have never done any programming before, I would say this book is not for you, unless you want to use one of the examples "almost off the shelf".

However, if you are an experienced programmer in other fields who wants to try their hand with an Arduino, this book is perfect.l I read through the book in one evening and found that I was completely confident in how the Arduino environment all fitted together. I was able to get into my project the next day, initially starting off by modifying a couple of the examples.

Get this book and give the Arduino a try. If you also enjoy working with sensors and basic electronics, you'll have a ball!