on 2 May 2017
This book and its examples has been really helpful in nursing me, as a programming beginner, to the point where I can start to write code.
on 31 August 2017
All Simon monk books are good to buy and I have a few for raspberry pi and Arduino. This book is good step by step for tips how to get more from Arduino and worth buying. I still need to read more to get used to codes instead of downloading, copy and paste or reading from books. Good with electronics but find programming much harder so these books are a great help.
on 18 July 2017
Good book but loses a star because it is not really suitable for beginners as explanations of some key principles are, in my opinion, too brief! For intermediate to advanced users it's a handy reference!
on 4 February 2015
Firstly, I'm not a programmer or electronics whizz. Though, I do know some 3D software scripting. The sketches were easy to follow and the book introduced me to a few new concepts... most of which some sense. I'll just have to try and write some of my own examples to get better at understanding them.

According to my phone's kindle reader, though, more than 20% of the book was the index, at the end. So, I was a bit surprised. I know it was cheap. I was just expecting a little more. Still worth the money, if you're new to the Arduino.
on 9 January 2017
great little book for all the basics in Arduino sketch programming, Really helpful if you're a beginner with Arduino / teensy IDE
on 9 March 2015
This book is AMAZING.
For a rookie like me, I needed major help for my final year project and this book rescued me.
It's very easy to understand and the examples are very helpful.
Just make sure you read the errata online and correct the minor mistakes in the book.
on 16 March 2017
Good book to get you started. Clear and concise chapters. Read it in a single evening and got me off to a flying start.
on 6 August 2017
Great service, would recommend.
on 29 May 2013
i chose this purely because it did not look too much at the construction of what to build, but more on how to program better for your projects. this, now-a-days is something that most 'tinkerers' need to know. construction of projects can be staright forward, but its the brain that can get troublesome.

but this explains things in good detail and not with loads of jargon. so it is better for people to just pick up. though i always think that some form of knowledge before-hand is always a plus
on 15 July 2017
Seems very very basic, but it is a book for complete beginners, so that is to be expected.