on 26 March 2013
As a major evil genius I find this an important book for my hidden archive, my minions also have been found perusing amongst the Machiavellian contents but I have put a short sharp end to that! It seems there is a number of these Evil genius books I have collected. Yes I spend many hours making up these projects looking forward to the time when I too shall rule you unwashed masses! These books are mine not yours!
5 people found this helpful
on 15 February 2015
If you are just starting out with electronics, this book will take you places. The Arduino is an incredible component: you can just tell it what you want it to be. This book gives you a cursory but illuminating introduction to writing functionable code that does what you want it to do. The real genius in this book comes from demonstrating some foundation level electronics that take projects into the practical, functioning realm. With some expertly chosen and simple examples, a new enthusiast can learn how a handful of building block principles can combine to bring to fruition the imaginings of a creative genius, evil or otherwise.
on 14 June 2012
For those of us who have to teach computer studies subjects (and in particular control systems) this slim book is an absolute godsend. Simply laid out and well written it shows how the Arduino board can be used to set up simple controls and the pieces of code to drive the board for the projects, are simple easy to understand and (dare I say it elegant). As a source of ideas for simple inexpensive projects this is an excellent starting point and well worth buying.
One person found this helpful
on 14 April 2018
it was ok
on 20 August 2017
Just as described
on 28 November 2015
Good book full of projects for the Arduino.
on 7 January 2016
It's a good read.
on 23 April 2015
Great book !
on 30 July 2013
The commenting is very thin. A line like:

int green = (rgb >> 8) & 0xFF;

needs explanation.

The contents are in black and white, and some of the photos are very dark. The writing style is good and generally easy to follow.
on 15 January 2013
I purchased this for my son-in-law. He was very pleased with the introduction to writing the software, covered in the book. It also gave him great ideas for the type of projects that were possible with the system.