on 20 October 2017
I am so pleased that I bought this book!
I am a new mum with a 4 month old and bought this when she was 2.5 months as we were really struggling to get her to nap. Using tips from this book has helped to get her into a napping routine and learn to settle herself.

The tone of the book is very encouraging and non-judgemental, which was a huge relief as I was worried that I was creating bad sleep habits for my baby and needed reassurance.
It gave me the confidence to find short term solutions to her napping problems, knowing that I had to tools from the book to reverse the habits later down the line when she was old enough to cope.
Our baby just wouldn’t nap, and after reading the book I bought an electric swing to rock her to sleep. It was a godsend and saved our little family a lot of stress for a month or so BUT as she has got older we have trained her out of sleeping in it and she now naps 3 times a day in her cot!

The first section of the book is about the science behind why napping is important and how it affects your baby. I found this interesting and it motivated me to persevere with finding a solution.

The book deals with napping for all age babies and young children, so quite a bit of it wasn’t relevant to me, but the parts that were are clear and concise, with easy to follow references to other sections of the book so you can find all the information you need.
This is especially helpful if you are a busy parent who doesn’t have time to read the whole book.

There are quotes in the book from real parents which I found very relatable. The book is clearly extensively researched and I felt so much better after reading it to know that our issues were common.

Thank you Elizabeth Pantley! The Pantley dance really does work!
on 20 July 2017
There are so many errors in the kindle version that I can't tell you if this book helps or not! Pages are missing, pages appear with one line of text down the side, charts are unreadable. Don't buy this on kindle.
on 25 January 2018
I bought this after I found her sleep book so helpful, but unfortunately this book was nowhere near as educating. I found a lot of it was common sense rather than helpful nap techniques. It might help some people who don't have any sort of nap routine but I didn't learn anything new.
on 13 November 2016
Lots of good tips. It's not preachy. Easy to read. Glad I bought this.
on 3 August 2015
A great guide to the No cry solution which is explained in great detail
on 6 August 2013
I loved it! The author is great and has helped me very much!!! It made me understand that everything depends on the specific family and nothing is fixed!
on 22 May 2015
I think there are some good techniques in the book, however they did't quite worked for my baby.
on 22 June 2015
Really good book, I'm glad I got it. Many of the tips work perfectly for me and my dd. It's gentle in approach and no crying! :-D (which I thought would be impossible with my LO)
on 5 March 2015
Worth a try for desperate parents. None of it worked for us though.
on 27 October 2013
I bought this book to help our son sleep through the day. Its quite handy for little hints and tips.