on 3 August 2015
A great guide to the No cry solution which is explained in great detail
on 13 November 2016
Lots of good tips. It's not preachy. Easy to read. Glad I bought this.
on 5 March 2015
Worth a try for desperate parents. None of it worked for us though.
on 17 December 2013
After we were almost mastering the night sleep, it was time to ATTACK the issues with the nap time.
Gotta admit that my child fit in almost all categories of exceptions and have been a constant struggle but we have more good days than bad days, thanks to the tips on this book.
This was my second "no-cry" book, right after the No-cry Sleeping Solution. Since then I also got the Toddler version and the potty training
:-))
on 2 August 2011
This book is not a quick fix, rather it is a compilation of solutions to some potential problems that can arise with naps. My son now naps having been a nap refuser, and although he often nurses to sleep we are using suggestions from the book to ensure that this is not always the case. It is a good book for helping you identify problems and sympathetically try to find a solution without a lot of crying.
on 9 December 2014
Absolute rubbish. Her recommendations & methodology doesn't work at all. Too confusing.
" Do X and if that doesn't work go back to what you did before". Absolutely pointless. Save your money. None of my mum friends who have used this have said it works.
on 2 October 2010
really found this book written in a non-patronising/preachy tone- the author is very knowledgeable and admits to co-sleeping and feeding her baby to sleep, and making all the 'mistakes' that other baby sleep books warn against, and suggests a series of ideas that you can pick or choose as you think best. Having said that her solutions are for the VERY patient. The harsh truth is that the 'no cry' solutions do mean waiting 6-8 weeks for any noticeable results and I have to say for me the solutions seemed to be making no difference and taking way too long. Be very, very patient as although the book is full of case studies and testimonials waxing lyrical about their babies sleeping through the night, if you research on parenting forums etc it is very tough to find any real successes using these methods...
on 1 February 2013
Very informative and easy to understand. A compassionate approach which is flexible enough to be child centred. Includes some excellent ideas and a super alternative to 'cry it out' approaches.
on 10 November 2014
Lots of sensible ideas
on 13 March 2011
Thanks to this book my daughter is on a great routine, and finally a great sleeper! Many people told me that I should let her cry it out or that naps didn't effect night time sleeping, this book teaches techniques to help with nap time and they work!
As a baby my daughter never slept well, maybe a 40 minute nap if I was lucky and hard to put to sleep at night and she would wake up screaming throughout the night. I read this book and as soon as I started putting her down for naps as recommended she started to sleep well, if she missed her late afternoon nap she was up in the night!
This book really changed my views on nap times and finally the whole household is getting the sleep they need.