TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 June 2014
I'm nearing completion of one of the simplest boats - the lilypad punt. You really need to read every page - no skipping through to the cutting plans!
I've found a couple of anomalies in the instructions which appear to be omissions or errors (it could be lack of understanding, but I'm usually pretty good at this kind of thing!).
If you buy this book, follow the inch measurements rather than mm - I usually work in mm but this book us definitely geared towards working in inches!
2 people found this helpful
on 4 November 2015
This book shows a Boat on its cover, which was of interest , to my Husband. However , this boat was not one of the 17 boats plans, shownin the book .The Plans for this Boat , had to be Purchased, elsewhere.
I think that , this a bit of a con , by what is shown on the cover.
Sheila SCOTT
on 14 August 2011
This is where to start your boat building adventure. The book contains plans and descriptions for 17 small boats, spanning from extremely simple flat bottomed designs to a nearly professional looking, multi chined canoe. The building material is plywood and scraps, so you'll need a minimum of tools and money to get afloat. So far I've only built down scaled paper mock ups of some of these boats. It was encouraging. They're not very complex, and seem to go together just fine. Time didn't allow me to build anything this summer, but next year...
on 2 January 2014
This is a very interesting and potentially useful book - in print. The boat plans involve tables of dimensions. In the digital version the typeface used for the dimensions is impossibly small and, because they are tables, the size cannot be increased using the normal type-size tool. Unless you have a huge monitor to read them on (which will naturally stretch the typeface and may make it readable), forget it. On a normal Kindle screen, no chance.
on 3 March 2016
very interesting
on 19 April 2013
everything I expected it to be and more, diagrams where easy to follow. it is easy whenyou get proper instructions.
on 6 August 2013
I wanted to build a small, cheap boat and after reading this book I built two!! - good, clear designs, explanations & choices of materials, construction & finishes. The first boat took 3 weeks to build and will last many years, the second boat took 4 days to build is great fun and cost less than £30
on 14 June 2016
This is not a simple book to follow rather hard and ive had 35 years in diy .
on 20 July 2015
A perfect reference book that covers all you need to know about the subject......A+++
on 31 August 2016
Excellent book, easily understood looking forward to my first creation!