on 30 July 2017
Good - useful for revision for me. Would help a student studying GCS french
on 21 June 2010
I keep buying books to try to brush up my o'level French and further improve and this is my favourit grammar book of the moment; some I gave up on through boredom after only a few pages! This has proved a great help for going over the grammar points that I have half forgotten or didn't quite have explained properly in the first place. I am really pleased with it. It explains the grammar points without boring you to tears and then lets you get on with practising the ideas. The book builds on your vocabulary gradually so it doesn't throw in lots of words suddenly that send you rushing for the dictionary. I am very impressed and as a teacher myself, I can appreciate that it has been put together by someone who knows how to teach. I feel that I am making progress and that gives you confidence to get out and use the language.
on 12 August 2008
I bought this book for my son who had just started learning French and seemed to be struggling with some aspects of language learning. How I wish I had had this book when I did French at school. Why didn't anyone ever tell me the things contained in this book? There are tricks and lists to help remember and in fact guess things such as whether the word is le or la etc.
Very useful book.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 August 2009
I found this book very useful to whizz through checking that I really did know the grammar. But it would also be ideal for learning from scratch as it is clearly laid out and does give handy tips to aid learning.
on 16 March 2010
I bought this book to accompany Rosetta Stone French Levels 1 - 5 and have been amazed at how much I've managed to learn. The teaching is no nonsense, it's broken down in to related areas, so you are taught a rule then your understanding is tested with well thought out questions, then you are taught another related rule. After so many exercises there is a review section (all answers are at the back). The book contains a lot of words without translation - do not expect to be handed everything on a plate, you'll need a dictionary (I recommend the Collins for PC/Mac) and expect to look at conjugated verbs too. If you're serious about learning a language, this shouldn't put you off.
on 8 November 2012
This is the book to buy if you wish to learn French Grammar easily. The exercises are set out in an easy to read/understand format with tests at the end of each exercise. Each exercise is short and concise so there is no need to try to cram lots of information into your brain in one go and then puzzle and fret over the answers. The 'sprawled' format/layout of the book ensures that you don't have millions of things to read and absorb on each page ensuring you don't feel under pressure to read everything in minute detail. After each short chapter you will feel confident that you have moved forward in your understanding of French grammar without having suffered the frustration of not understanding what on earth it was all about! happy learning.
on 16 December 2013
This is a good textbook to improve your French grammar if you are learning French. However it came from the States as no spare copies were left in the UK, so delivery took 4 weeks. I would recommend Grammaire Progressive du Francais instead as it has more exercises and there are various books according to your level and these books are stocked in the UK.
on 30 December 2009
Book is well laid out with easy explanations so you fully understand the grammar without requiring a French Tutor to check.
on 20 January 2013
This is quite an intense book but it does what it says on the cover and again for anyone wishing to improve their French it is a well recommended book to have.
on 18 December 2014
Ordered and received very quickly. Have only used a little since purchased but what I have done is excellent. Would highly recommend.