on 25 July 2010
My daughter is 4 yrs. old and going to the local french school in two months. I'm so happy with this purchase as she has viewed the animated movie, but never really listened. My husband is french and he read the story with her twice. Now she listens by herself (on the 2nd day of receiving the book) and asks for it!! She is definitely benefiting from this great 'tool' learning her second mother-tongue. Although I have to mention that there are parts of the story that is not entirely accurate to the original...
on 7 August 2010
I bought this to share with my year 3 class at the end of their first year of learning French. While they obviously didn't understand every word, the familiarity of the story and the short text/large picture format meant that they enjoyed every second of it. An excellent book for us.
on 3 December 2010
I bought this to read with my 2.5 year old son. Whilst the book is at the right sort of level I couldn't work out why she used the passe simple in the text - I know this is the 'right' tense for written French but since the point of this book is for a child to learn French I felt an exception should have been made - it meant that they weren't exposed to the passe compose, a much more useful tense for communication. I also found the CD a bit irritating - they talk too much English before getting onto the story and there are no tones to tell a non-reading child when to turn the page. It's a good idea but I think she could have done it better.
on 28 August 2008
we are hoping to learn french in a relaxed and oral way before becoming at all formal. my 7 and 4 year old are v happy with these stories, and we use them as a jumping board for more discussion.
the cd though has an interminable introduction
on 6 May 2010
This book was very useful to write a university assignment for Foreign languages as part of an Education Degree and i would recommend it to anyone who is writing something similar. The book very clearly shows the equivalent between French and English all the way through the story and is accompanied by a CD, which supports lessons well.
on 2 March 2015
very suitable for my reception class, simple language.