VINE VOICEon 3 July 2014
The first thing you cannot help but notice is the size of the book. It is very short and pocket sized. But, each page is packed with very well written advise.

There are only 5 steps to churning out new ideas and the author clearly explains how this works. Like a lot of books in this area, the real progress comes from application. If you picked up a diet book you would expect some form of cutting down on calories and getting more exercise. This book is no different, you have to do something to get progress.

Don't try and shortcut his system, it works as a continuous process. A very simple tool that many advertising folks use is the swipe file. They store useful letters and adverts for ideas and later use. The author recognises this and encourages you to get curious about your subject.

I now keep this with me during the week. It is a book I re-read on a very regular basis. If you work in an idea based job, this is essential reading.
on 27 October 2017
Short, to the point and informative, my kind of book. As someone who needs to absorb a lot of information in a relatively short time, a book that explains well and finally summarises without all the padding is exactly what I find most useful and this is exactly that. One additional comment, there are a number of typo errors in the book which I don’t believe are the authors errors but more likely the result of transfer to ebook form.
on 8 June 2016
Ever wanted to know why you suddenly come up with great ideas as if they came out of nowhere? Well, that 'nowhere' is a state of mind reached by the subconscious when following this very quick and simple guide.

You more than likely have completed this process hundreds of times. Only this explains the correct order of things when approaching a project so stops the hundreds of times when you didn't from repeating.
on 30 June 2014
I bought this book after reading reviews about it and thought it might turn out an interesting read.
The book is well written and facts based. I may provide some good advice for those looking to find "their way in life" but some stories can be a bit too lengthy and you are likely to loose track if you are a bit tired.

The real downside of this is the size of the book, and I don't mean pages. The print is too small - it a B5 format and the writing is a font of about 10.
on 1 October 2010
This is a very short book, and half of that is waffle. Despite this, I think that it contains some very valuable information. In the remaining short space it describes a process for generating ideas that fits in with, describes, and extends, what I have seen mentioned in passing in other peoples accounts of their experiences and once upon a time experienced - for a short time - myself. I recommend it. In fact, the cost in time and money is so small that I recommend it even if you violently disagree with every word in the book, because just thinking about this subject again is worth that very small expense.
on 27 February 2014
It only takes 5 steps to produce fertile ideas. When you read this book, most people, especially those in the creative industries will no doubt have an aha moment. The technique is natural and even Einstein used this technique, albeit unconsciously to arrive at answers. While many books go into superflous details (probably to pad out their pages) this book goes straight to the core. It is no wonder Young's technique is still selling today.
on 1 October 2016
Fantastic little book. Will only take a semi-competent reader about half an hour to get through, but what you extract in that short time is a timeless 'guide' on the creative process. I've been actively implementing the advice given, and it's certainly helping me streamline my own creativity.

Great!
on 28 May 2018
Short read. Quite simplistic point of view. If ideas were so easy to produce, some of us would be out of business :)
on 20 June 2013
Because we often feel simplicity can't be ' right', we search for complex solutions. We have our solutions and just need to do some thing about making 'it' happen. That is what is said here, and we know it to be true. So there is the same problem, do we do it, or... simple. I'd recomend the book, it spells it out.
on 10 September 2017