on 29 April 2016
Very happy with quality. Great book.
on 15 October 2010
A great book on baby signing, good content & coverage of subject. Well laid out making it easy to read as well as reference. The signing suggestions are helpful as building blocks to get you started... we started signing straight away & our baby (now nearly 11 months old) has really taken to it & awaits new signs each week.
on 22 July 2014
I had a bit of her DVD when I had my child, and she could communicate with me long before she could talk, took alot of wind out of the screaming, 'hungry', thirsty', 'change me', 'hot', 'danger' - all good! This one is for my cousin's new arrival!
on 29 August 2015
Great
on 18 May 2000
A very good book indeed. It spells out a system of signs for communication between carer and child which is simply an enlargement of what most parents do on a day-to day basis without realising it. Having read this book, and now being aware of the concepts behind baby-signs, I am using the principles with my 6-month old daughter and it is already paying off. It is an exciting time when you realise a baby who cannot talk yet actually knows exactly what they want and has a means to tell you!
on 30 January 2002
I am familiar with the baby signing concept, but this book didn't take me anywhere new. Some anecdotal evidence was interesting but the sign suggestions were a minor part of the book.
This is not an instruction book - afterall, the book tells you that you and your baby make up whatever signs you like and that mean something to you. There is a short chapter (the last one) of suggestions but I bet you know them already (it really is that obvious).
If you lack confidence or need convincing of the concept then I would recommend it. Otherwise, get inventive yourself.
on 10 April 2014
I didn't expect a book to be sent out that has black mould on it. I had to throw it out.
Shocking!!!
on 23 January 2016
didnt need this for long because the boy learnt to talk and hasnt stopped.. Save your money.
on 9 January 1999
I'm using it with my baby now and finding it great. At 6 months he knows the signs for bottle and food and that's damn useful. A godsend. Mandy. 34 years. First time mother. UK
on 11 November 2013
I ordered this book because I'd bought it for my first child and had had great success with baby signs, then couldn't find it when I wanted to start teaching signs to my second child (must've lent it out). But when I got it in the mail every single photo was faded away to almost nothing, if I hadn't seen the pictures before I wouldn't even have known what was supposed to be there. It seems like a huge printing botchup. The copy looks normal. It's a real shame that amazon didn't examine their merchandise before selling it on. The book is good, just not this batch.