Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 1 April 2016
Let's just say my wife and I are still not sleeping due to a crying baby. A book is not going to change anything.
on 17 February 2013
This book is full of wonderful ideas and helpful suggestions to ease baby to sleep without tears! Helpful for different parenting styles (bottle users, breastfeeders, dummy users, co-sleepers, crib sleepers, etc.) with a similar goal, a baby sleeping longer and easier without leaving the baby to "cry it out". I've tried some of the suggestions in the book and they have really helped.
on 23 August 2011
I personally don't find this book that great. I found it waffled too much and as a sleep-deprived parent, I found it difficult to stay focused on what I was reading. It is also very much for the American market.
on 20 January 2013
being a doctor I felt this book rambled alot in each chapter about how good it was and how you will learn to get your child to sleep. This theme repeated it self again and again and the author took forever to get her point across and what was a very informal writing style

There were a couple of chapters which bought across her thoughts and ideas, some of which were partially effective for us.
on 15 March 2013
good book great ideas very logical ideas that are sometimes overlooked really useful for creating a positive bedtime routine, got my son sleeping through in 6 weeks and also helped get rid of night time feed we struggled with him for 17 months of no sleep, still have the odd night but much better also helped get my 4 year old in a better routine so very happy witht this book
on 30 March 2014
Some decent ideas but none that we hadn't already tried. We found it a bit of a waste of money to be honest.
on 10 November 2006
This is a fantastic book and really supportive of anyone that has problems with their baby sleeping and doesnt want to use the cruel cry it out method. We used her method when my son was 18 months old and I was at breaking point, and it worked superbly for us. I would recommend this to anyone that has sleep problems, particularly if you attachment parent.
on 15 August 2015
So helpful in getting my little boy to nap in the day and stop feeding to sleep at night. Very easy to read and follow. Well worth a read if you don't want to 'cry it out' or 'pick up, put down'
on 20 May 2013
A really wonderful book. Gentle ideas to help your baby sleep. It doesn't dictate. It is an 'understanding' book with practical solutions whatever the sleep issue. Great in a world where people want to tell you how you 'should' do things for your baby and what your baby 'should' be doing. Every new mother should read this!
on 26 September 2013
Plenty of good ideas, but I am wishing that I had bought the paperback rather than the kindle edition as I'm finding it difficult to refer back to. The book doesn't deserve a low review (thus five stars) but my experience with the kindle version I would only give three.