on 6 July 2007
I have never worked in consulting before and I haven't read the first book "McKinsey Way". My expectation from the book was very much focused on my job in financial services: provide a structure to my problem solving process. I guess the book met my expectation very well, showed me a detailed step by step approach applicable to different types of problems, issues that might come up in each step and "keep in minds" to handle these issues. Considering my non-consulting background and job-specific expectations, I would say it's a very good "must read" book.
on 1 September 2015
15 quid for out of date book? really??? No thanks.
on 23 January 2002
Following on from the first book, this book shows how to follow the 'assignment' process of McKinsey and how to get the best out of it. It also gives a good insight into the 'softer' skills that are required to sell any conclusions that you have come to - maybe the most important part!!!