on 15 October 2017
I like this thorough study from Stephen Penman very much. As a guideline for fundamental analysis it is indispensable. I simply cannot understand how an investor in all seriousness can kling to the so called "technical analysis". It seems to me that there is every reason to ask yourself if the market price of the moment actually represents the real value of the stock. The "abracadabra" of the technical analysis does not give that answer at all. Recently I also bought Penman's other text "Accounting for Value" where he further develops the same basic ideas which we find in his "Financial Statement analysis and Security Valuation" and where he underlines the fundamental truth that buying a stock is not to be considered as buying a lottery ticket. You buy a fraction of a business. How then can you judge on the opportunity of your investment if you stubbornly ignore the financial statements of the business?
on 25 July 2013
Good book on financial statement analysis. Recommended read for people who are less familiar with financial statements. Good for consultants or entrepreneurs who want to brush their financial analysis skills. It doesn't cover the tricks that you see in real world financial statements.
on 11 September 2015
Good service. The layout and text in this book is not the best. I bought this as my lecturer based the module structure on this book. If not, I would have chosen another reference text. Book arrived around 23rd of April with estimated delivery date between 23rd of April and 6th of May
on 12 March 2010
I'm studying MSc in Accounting and Finance at Bangor University- North Wales. I bought this book to help me digest my module "Financial Analysis". I found the book very informing and practical. I highly recommend it to students or any one involved in understanding company's balance sheets fundamentally.
on 8 April 2016
Very good book.
I still refer to it some times.
Γεια ρε Γκίκα αχώνευτε.
on 5 March 2016
This is a perfect book for the course for I bought it. It is up-to-date and with good font size and paper size.
on 9 October 2013
Excellent book, it also arrived even before schedule, really helpfull for anyone who wants to get a good look into financial statements.
on 29 October 2015
The book was in a very good condition.
on 18 February 2016