on 27 April 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 December 2017
Lives up to recommendations the best econometrics text I have found - now I can stop searching
on 2 May 2002
I used this book as a starting point for my econometrics courses for my MSc. I've never done econometrics and not much statistics before. It contains a surprising amount of detail and though can sometimes be a bit lacking in places (the more advanced topics which you probably wouldnt look for in an intro book like this anyway. so kudos for NOT covering them in detail!) its an excellent text. Highly recommended as a text book for beginners or as a reference to all and sundry.
on 28 October 2008
A fantastic book for gaining a basic understanding of the subject. Have seen other books and trust me - you can easily get lost in some of them.

The english is good and the writing style helps you move through the book with ease without lose of continuity and thoughts.

A sound treatment at the basic level for anyone willing to learn the subject without the greek notations.
on 21 August 2007
I purchased this book as a revision aid for my exams and was horrified when i opened it. All it is a notebook with definitions on one page then a lined page on the other. Furthermore the definitions are just repeated every other pages and are mostly irrelevant e.g. of the definitions labour, budget, stock, time, elasticity as you can see they are pretty poor.

There is nothing in this book that will either teach or help with revision. It also has a link to a web site with online tests which I purchased for $5, again the same thing the tests were just definitions and each chapters test did not refer in anyway to the content of the chapter.

Reviews above are obviously for the main text book and not this 'revision' guide. The only way i would buy this was if it was less than a lined A4 notebook.

This is my 1st review as I felt compelled not to warn everyone else not to waste their money on this book.
on 12 October 2000
Gujarati's treatment of Econometrics is clearly a cut above the rest. His examples and explanations make it clear, and simple to understand. However, a pre-requisite for the reader would be to have done at least Maths C in the GCE "A" Levels.
on 5 November 2009
That book is helps people who don't know a lot about econometrics to get used to terminology and introduction to new concepts.
Loved it!
on 18 August 2013
I'm fully satisfied with this item. The book is in very good shape, almost as new though the book is second hand. The delivery was fast - I had the book within 3 days, though it had been shipped all the way from England to Denmark. And the price was extremely low, compared to the good condition the book was in. All in all, a perfect deal for a student like me :)
on 25 May 2002
This textbook comes with many "real" examples which allow readers to learn and realize the applications of econometric techniques. It also gives an introduction to panel data and time series methods which are very common in empirical works, but not covered by many introductory textbooks.
on 6 September 2008
Excellent book, lots of info very detailed. I really struggled with my econometrics module until i got this book. The book is clear concise and gets to the point without too much trouble.

I think the other revew about this book is unfair, as I couldn't find repetition in the book.