on 25 January 2001
This book contains practical, straightforward techniques to help you control stress, frustration, anger and other adverse emotions. The techniques really do work and don't take lots of practise or effort. In doing so they provide a way to help you deal with your problems in a more positive way and increase your happiness and general wellbeing.
If you lead a busy, stressful life and want to be happier without sacrificing your productivity then this title comes highly recommended!
on 26 April 2017
I am really enjoying this fascinating book, it arrived quickly. It is a well written, inspiring and uplifting read. There is a lot of information in here that I have not heard of before and I have read a lot on health issues, I have CFS/ME and this book was recommended to me. It explains how to use our heart power to manage our emotions and ultimately improve our lives and how the heart communicates with the brain/body. There are some exercises to do in the book; one enables us to keep track of energy deposits and withdrawals and looks at how our attitudes and perspectives contribute to how we feel and how our energy levels are affected.
on 15 June 2017
I return to this book time and time again. It is clear in it's descriptions and has a real sound application. I bought it to help with my stress management practice and it's very useful and insightful for that.
on 16 July 2017
HeartMath always with amaze me with facts about the heart and mind connection, loved this book.
on 26 March 2017
Fascinating information given out in this book. If you can take in all the facts about the heart you will learn many valuable lessons.
on 11 April 2014
The book feels a bit long for what it is, as with a lot of similar books, but there are some useful insights and techniques in here, and there is an accumulative sense of HeartMath's value.
on 26 May 2011
First impression was of a very well written book which will need a detailed second reading to fully understand and evaluate the background of theory, research, and practices.

But even with a first reading the Freeze-Frame intervention has proved very valuable.

Given the publication date, I would like an updated second edition.
on 9 December 2016
I have a battered copy of this book I bought in 2007, deriving great help from it for my constant biting anxiety, life was crap too! I bought it for a friend struggling with work bullies and going through a harsh menopause, and she found method helped her keep going. I waited excitedly for my recent new purchase to arrive - only to find not only had it been an expensive purchase (I bought the 1st copy in a sale) the print is far smaller, and I cannot see it, so I am not amused. A brilliant book at a held to hostage rip off price. I think a better quality normal print size book is called for.
on 12 October 2007
Maybe Heartmath theory could be a bridge to concepts lke chakras and energy bodies for the scientistically handicapped. But it's 101 stuff for anyone who has any experience with spiritual healing. The worst thing about this book though, is how it spins out one good idea across dozens of pages. It's a lumpy, boring and badly written brochure for the rest of Heartmath empire's products. If you want to know the secret of heartmath it can be explained in detail on one side of A4. Maybe some kind soul who has suffered the purgatory of reading the book would do that for you.
on 11 April 2014
Couldn't get to the end of this modern polemic restating Hindu ideas of the heart chakra alongside modern science. One chapter could have said it all. Good idea poor presentation