on 26 July 2016
interesting
on 29 September 2013
Makes you more aware of self and of others. Enjoyable and down to earth reading with practical exercises, easy to follow
on 12 December 1997
This is a great book, it explains Buddhism concepts in everyday language and in ways that can be incorporated into daily life easily. Buddhism is not just a religion but a philosophy of life. One need not be a buddhist to learn and be enriched by the sound spiritual concepts in this book. I found life to be a bit more of astruggle than I could handle at times in the past until I found this concise, reader friendly book that teaches you that most of life's struggles come from over-attachment to people, places, things, beliefs, etc.Once we realize that life is by it's very nature an ever changing journey and that nothing ever stays the same, we can then find happiness when we let go of our attachments to beliefs, expectations, things, etc. You will find yourself much more receptive to what life has to dish out when you give up the belief that it should be a certain way.
on 14 August 2011
If you grew up on a farm in the American mid-west, and enjoy hearing tales of folk wisdom, and how the 'old folks' respond with grace and good 'ol common sense to all of life's vicissitudes, you'll enjoy this book. I didn't. Bunk!
on 18 March 1999
This is a great book if you want to learn about Buddism. I am a beginner Buddist and I found this book particularly incisive in learning Buddism. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about the Buddist religion. I would also recommend this book to anyone who feels that they need a change for the better in their life and for anyone who is looking for spiritual understanding.
on 3 December 1998
An excellent audiobook that I have listened to over and over again. Each time I listen to the teaching of basic Buddhist concepts put forth by Sylvia Boorstein something new and positive becomes integrated into my life. I find myself studying the tape in much the same way one studies a map. Many accolades to Sylvia and I hope we won't have to wait too long for her next tape or book!
on 7 September 2014