on 9 March 2011
In the general introduction about the I-Ging and its history Walker introduces some really interesting ideas and concepts, particularly the alternative very logical charting of the hexagrammes. The technique of using 2 hexagrammes instead of reading the evolving lines makes also total sense to me. The individual chapters about each hexagramme are quite disappointing, though and those high-school art course new agey pictures are just awful!
on 10 December 2012
As one who has consulted the I Ching on and off these past few years I only bought this book to read on how to construct and use a chessboard for the I Ching with a 6 sided die. I often find it confusing trying to cast using coins to obtain the lines. Yet the instructions contained within a couple of pages from this book, makes it easier for me to apply the I Ching using a 64 square wooden chessboard. The book does come with a large set of I Ching cards, which I haven't used or intend to. A six sided die on chessboard is much easier and quicker. I rate the book a 4 out of 5.