on 31 July 2016
A little bit hippy mumbo jumbo but just what I needed at the time, I love the idea that in some tribes, premenstrual women were used as the decision makers because they cut through the polite nonsense and get things done. Nice to see periods embraced and celebrated rather than something to be ashamed of.
on 8 April 2014
Noble is a convincing and honest writer - she writes out of experience and you can feel this easily, when reading her book. This relatively thin book offers a historical snapshot on female history, goddess worship, female power and re-awakening it. A good addition to your library.
on 13 March 2015
I couldn't even finish it. Whilst her intentions were clearly good, the author spends so much time talking about herself that any spiritual insight is lost. It's rambling, self indulgent and contributes little to the ideas of both Shakti and Shamanism. There are some little nuggets of insight, but not enough to warrant buying the book unfortunately.
on 29 April 2017
fantastic book! highly recommended
on 28 June 2001
This book has opened a whole new world for me, a world that I knew was always there. Vicky Noble has written a clear easy to read journey that specifically looks at the ceremonies of women that were crucial to a balanced community and respect for the earth. With all things being one this book has helped me to accept the things that I always knew were the natural way. It is not a New Age concept that speaks of airy fairy theories but is based on a theory of historical facts with arecheological findings that back up the theory. I have found this book fascinating, challenging and I wish I had read it years ago. There is a time for all things and this is the time for women to reconnect to our Mother Earth and aid the balance of all things.
on 20 October 2014
The book is great, but amazon listed it as good condition and to be honest it is rather tatty, doesnt effect reading it though so im happy with the purchase
on 23 June 2015
Another life defining book, so glad I finally read it, annoyed that I had left it so long. Found her insights deeply pertinent.
on 27 October 2014
Pretentious and lacking practical use or any inspiring insights, simply self-centred crap.