on 30 August 2014
A very good collection of her splendid stories.

Be warned - a few misprints, caused I think by this being an American edition; the editor got some British proper names wrong.

Be warned also: one of the characters uses the infamous N-word. He is the sort of person who would, so I was not offended, but others might be.

Worth adding that the book is of high physical quality: Bourbon Street Books is a good imprint.
on 20 March 2014
I'd bought, but become separated from this volume of stories, and was astonished to find how they came right back to my mind, even after all these years. Ms Sayers had a formidable vocabulary which she expects us to share; I enjoy the challenge immensely. I'm not disparaging her plots when I say they take second place to the characters and milieus. Getting there is way more than half the fun. Basking in the sunshine of her diction, dramatis personae and settings is a never-ending source of delight.
on 11 April 2015
Brilliant book Dorothy L Sayers at her best.....sharp short stories love it .
saving this one for my hols easy to carry plenty of reading
on 15 October 2013
its what it say it is; old fashioned crime thriller. Good plots, short stories fun, doesn't require too much brain power
on 22 July 2015
Wonderful to have all the stories together.
on 6 December 2014
great value fast delivery
on 15 February 2015
I have lots of Sayers dvd/ books always good