Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 November 2013
I have found great meaning in many Buddhist teachings, but sometimes the stumbling block has been the language and metaphors used.

In Buddhist Bootcamp, Timber Hawkeye not only explains everything simply and effectively but speaks in a plain contemporary language. He is easy to understand and his words, instantly connect with. Each subject is succinct and short (no more than 2-3 pages,) making it easy to read small nuggets on the go, for example, without being overloaded.

The author leaves just enough room for contemplation and deliberation of each subject.

The autobiographical stories used to illustrate each subject, will probably ring true with many people because they share many common experiences and help form a mutual understanding.

I would recommend that anyone who has an interest in the Buddhist path purchase this book, it wont disappoint.
on 6 April 2013
Not one for writing reviews really. This book deserves recognition though. A beautifully simple, beautiful read. Everyone should get a copy, then get another to give to a friend. I will read it many more times. :)

Thank you Timber.

Namaste.
on 17 August 2014
I became aware of Timber Hawkeye after following his Facebook blog. Rather wary of people selling stuff on Internet I took my time to read his blog and posts. Then I wanted something to read for my holiday and after agreeing all week with his FB updates I bought it. I am so glad I did. It is fantastic. No jargon. Pure simplicity. Clean writing. Heartfelt openess. Refreshingly frank. I started reading it on the plane and couldn't put it down. Simple chapters which are easy to pick up and put down made it an easy read. I was disappointed when I finished it and will read it again (think I've done that 4 times in my lifetime). I will buy this for friends. It's not about religion. It's about being the best version of you that you can be. Timber has really inspired me and made me think. Thank you Timber and Namaste
on 10 May 2013
There are no punches pulled here, this is plain speaking in the best way. An alternative guide to Buddhism, it reflects the demands and stresses of 21st century life and how to deal with them. An interesting book to be read or dipped into, but definitely to be returned to again and again.
on 31 July 2013
Really easy to read. Author has a great way of getting the messages across. Brilliant book and great intro to Buddhism.
on 21 January 2016
Didn't enjoy it. Just too basic when you've been reading Alan Watts et al. Still, I've not written a book and I hear it's a very difficult and brave thing to do, so kudos there. Would I buy it again? No. Guess I was hoping for a more personal journey account, rather than a self-help book of the most basic kind.
on 11 April 2013
Should be compulsary reading at High School. Easy to read with short sections. Relevant to all religions. Read it and pass to someone else. Spread the word;
on 29 August 2016
This book changed my life. This is the 4th I buy (the first one was for myself and the next were gifts). I love the simple texts that you can read with no specific order, but so meaningful. Don't let the small size and apparent simplicity of the texts fool you, it is a book that will touch you, your thoughts and your way of being in life.
on 9 August 2014
Loved this book. Have been following buddhist boot camp on Facebook and decided to finally buy the book. Read it in two nights and will go back to each chapter many times whenever I need to remember compassionate living. Easy to read but full of valuable tools for living. Thank you Timber Hawkeye.
on 16 March 2014
A good book for the lunch break; it consists of many tiny bits to read and then think about. Spend a minute reading then go for the lunchtime walk with something good to think about.