Customer reviews

on 26 December 2013
I bought this beautiful book as a Christmas present to myself after coming across it quite by chance-and I am glad I did!! If,like me you have a penchant for old-time Hollywood Glamour,then treat yourself to this book because you won't be dissapointed! Packed full of glossy,quality "Stills" of your favourite 1940's Movie Stars,this is a veritable visual treat! Check out the Portrait of the lovely Hedy Lamarr from the Movie "The Conspirators"-simply stunning-and with the use of color creates an almost "ethereal" quality to the beauty of this Diva-like Hollywood Legend!Page after page saturated in "Technicolor" Glory can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming at times-but please stay with it-it is worth it-after all, it is what this Book is all about and it does it splendidly! Highly Recommended!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 February 2017
A beautiful book of images from the golden era when sheet Kodachrome was the standard. These images are fabulous and inspirational for anyone interested in photography or just love quality images of the stars of the era.
on 13 December 2017
WOW! Stunning photographs here and worth every penny. Cant praise highly enough - glamour all the way.
on 17 December 2013
This is a collection of incredible and beautiful images of key movies stars that shone amongst all the turmoil of the early 1940s and the hopes and aspirations that they embodied amongst the movie watching public. There are images here that I have not seen before and anyone who has interest in the glamour and style of the Classic Hollywood period will not be disappointed and is a must have in my opinion
on 23 January 2014
Great book. My son bought it for me for Christmas. The pictures are amazing and how lovely to see natural beauties (admittedly caked in make up but not photoshopped - can really see the character in their faces). My mother-in-law was enthralled by the book which brought back many memories .
on 1 May 2017
Anyone who loves old hollywood should buy this book
on 3 January 2015
A book with a definite wow factor featuring hundreds of full page glorious colour portraits of movie stars from the 40's most of which I had never seen before. Printed on quality paper and beautifully bound this is a must have book for movie fans of the period. Light on text but the photos are absolutely stunning.
on 6 June 2014
I enjoyed this book and all the wonderful colour photos. Some stars I did not know, others I had forgotten about. I am now looking for one that has more recent stars in it, Jane Fonda, Stefanie Powers, Ann- Margret etc.This was an excellent book.
on 29 May 2015
This book really is the biz in terms of production values, and at this price, a steal.
on 12 June 2015
Amazingly beautiful book of photos! Stunning colour, a must for anyone that loves vintage glamour at it's best! It makes the " beauties" of today's airbrushed world pale by comparison!
A sumptuous book that would make a lovely gift to be passed on, I can't rate it highly enough!