on 20 June 2017
disappointing
on 18 January 2017
Awesome book
"The Body Book" written by famous actress Cameron Diaz is one of the many books on various diets that were published at the end of previous year, when all of us are counting many calories we have put into our body past holiday days and bring New Year's resolutions that precisely this year we'll finally solve the problem of overweight.

Of several books on the subject read I already wrote reviews, and to this one I was mostly attracted due to its author, curious what about this subject has to say an actress whose body for many years manages to resist aging, while she still maintains a youthful appearance.
I'll be honest I was expecting a classic "picture book" kind of book such are typically released by well-known actors or singers, but to my surprise there are very small number of photos inside, and instead the author and her team offered a range of useful information on its three hundred pages.

Cameron intended her book solely for women, that is evident from the start when with a large font she addresses to women while explaining the reasons why she wrote her book - wanting to share with readers exciting experiences that brought great joy and fulfillment, like when you eat something delicious you turn to the person next to you and give a bite to try.
That is the way author feels about her book, being able to provide information about our bodies and nutrition that she used in her everyday living, the things that make her feel excited and joyous due to the ability to teach readers how to feed yourself both nutritiously and deliciously.

She divided her book into three main parts - first one about nutrition where she discusses all the nutrients in the food that are helpful and those that should be reduced to a minimum amount, or avoided such as HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup), cheap and unhealthy substitute for sugar; in second part she speaks about importance of fitness providing many information why on a daily basis we need to keep ourselves in good shape together with some training essentials; on last part she offers advices how to strengthen your brain, improve your self-esteem because every decision of any change must be driven with reason and faith that it can be carried out no matter how difficult it seems.

What I liked the most in this book is that author didn't set any goals to be reached in a week, month or a year, not a quick fixes but instead offering useful information that are forever to use, enabling reader to gain sharper mind, a body that can fulfill the actions you dream for it, and, most importantly, the confidence that will arise as a result of all the above.

Therefore I can say that this book was a pleasant surprise that due to extensiveness of its information deserves your time, especially in this New Year time, when we are making a lot of big decisions. Who knows, maybe this book can help that this year we adhere to these decisions more than a New Year's Eve.
on 25 July 2015
Really disappointed with this book because it did not say anything new or interesting. I was at least hoping that there would be some different perspectives by Cameron Diaz's, but sadly no! Basically it just says "eat well, look after yourself and work out" as if we didn't already know that. I should have just gone yo the gym for the two hours it took to read!
on 15 March 2015
Nothing new in this book and full of useless information. If i'd seen the contents of it in a shop i would not have bought it - just got carried away with the celeb writing it. There are better and more informative books out there
on 23 March 2014
I love the way it makes you think more for yourself. It has been a lovely read which put lot of influence on my new life. Remember there is more to it then loosing a couple of pounds !
on 26 September 2016
Easy read, nothing new, no breakthrough silence, but really easy read and makes you think of how to love and appreciate your body
on 10 September 2015
This is such a wonderful book! If you love Cameron Diaz of course, I mean look at her! How could you NOT buy a book based on her own healthy living and fitness lifestyle?
There is quite alot of medical & technical jargon in this book, but it is explained well, and gives you a greater understanding on how your body works from top to toe, about your digestion, muscles, hydration and so much more.
It is extremely informative and if you are going to choose any celebrity book to aspire to then I thoroughly recommend this book. It isn't at all difficult to read despite the considerable wealth of information, and in places it's just as light and bubbly and funny as she is. It covers nutrition, exercise, energy, biology, chemistry, anatomy, basically everything you need to know about your body inside and out and the best ways to keep it looking and feeling good. I would even consider calling it a womens health and well being BIBLE!
on 18 October 2015
This book is inspiring and reminded me at a difficult time to look after myself. I have read countless health books over the years and this is my favourite. It certainly put me off sugar and generally inspired me to be the best I can be. I wish it had been around when I was younger and stuck in these depriving dieting circles. I was visiting the hospital a lot during my time reading this book and my own health was suffering from stress and worry. It made me get a grip and once I began to eat better (cooking for myself alone which always seems a waste of time and even selfish, but it isn't) I could cope better. This had a knock on effect because having my own health meant I could help other people around me. The body/mind connection is so true. I rarely write reviews of books, but this book came just when I needed it and I think it saved my own health. Thank you Cameron.
on 19 February 2014
If you are 17, dropped out of high-school and don't know the body is made up of cells, then this is the book for you. Also did you know that a baby cries because he/she is hungry?! You don't say, Diaz! I expected that Diaz would've have had some expert information, after all she is an actress and should have associations with nutritionists, and I didn't expect for four chapters I would be reading on and on that the body is like a machine and needs food in order to perform its activities. I mean did you know that even if we are sitting we use up calories??? Please....