on 20 March 2017
Bought for a friend - she loved it.
on 1 May 2015
A true story of human spirit and survival, one mans life from a rebellious boyhood, to becoming a National Hero, from being always chased by the local police, to being selected for the 1936 Berlin Olympics, from being adrift in a life raft, to being captured by the Japanese,, one mans struggle to cope against all the odds,, a lesson in life for all of us.,. I salute you, Lucky Louise
on 22 February 2012
Though I must admit I like books like this , this was a great read. It is a truely amazing story of courage and determination, it begins with a humble youth and goes into his career as a runner. The war comes along and then begins this terrible story of being a Japeneese prisoner of war . It wont say any more as this might spoil the experience of this truely great read .The author I belive is still alive at 95 years of age which is truely remarkable considering his terrible expericenses It portrays great self belief and determination . A lesson to us all.
on 2 January 2015
I watched the film Unbroken. Prior to the film have read about Louis Zamperini in a book called War And Grace by Don Stephens a few years ago.
Fascinating to read the full version of the story. God is good.
on 29 January 2013
It's unbelievable reading what this man went through and survived to find faith. Well worth the read, and it will continue to inspire me.
Just want to warn any atheist folk out there that whilst this is a truly amazing autobiography of a truly remarkable man, towards the end of the book when the author attempts to come to terms with the nastier elements of his past, God & faith form a large part. I know that religion is not for everyone.

Some will disagree that this may have a negative impact on the reader but I think I would have preferred to have known the book takes a distinct turn in this direction, prior to having bought it.

Hope this helps.
33 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Once I down loaded it up I could not put it down. A great read enjoyed every page. Would recommend it.
on 16 January 2015
It was an excellent book, having seen the film Unbroken I wanted to read the story in full which the film was unable to show. It's hard to believe that one man could survive all he went through and still find forgiveness in his heart.
on 30 March 2014
A brilliant story well told, a true insperation of the human spirit to survive against all odds, and come out of it unbroken
on 16 January 2015
Fantastic book - one of the few I'd want to read again! Well written and an amazing true story. I'm an avid reader and can honestly say this is probably the best book yet..