on 19 June 2017
Not laugh out loud funny, but definitely amusing.

However, as someone who is very neurotic myself, I did find the level of narcissism in this book disconcerting, to the extent that it often distracted from the humour.

I'd recommend Tina Fey or Mindy Paling over this book, every time.
on 25 April 2014
The book is comedic gold. I expected to read anecdotal short stories where I would laugh hear and there but I ended up laughing out loud (multiple times) from start to finish.

With hilarious accounts about her early beginnings, her career taking off and motherhood, Kelly Oxford proves that she's more than just a Twitter comic (not that I ever thought so!)

The book is excellent and hilarious and while some other comedic autobiographies (e.g. Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling, Chelsea Handler) exist, I found this book to really be laugh out loud funny and that's not an exaggeration.
on 9 February 2017
Great, fun read. If you follow Kelly Oxford on social media you will already know what to expect, and you receive more than that! If you don't I would highly recommend. A great autobiography full of humour and evolution, very honest.

Can't wait for the next one
on 29 January 2014
Seriously, it's funny. Like 'I'm-on-a-train-and-I-have-to-stop-reading-this-because-my-giggling-and-frequent-bathroom-trips-are-annoying-people' funny.
I have to ration myself to a chapter at a time because I'm worried about rupturing my spleen.
on 3 December 2015
A very boring 'trying to be funny' read. Bits of narcissism embedded in dry overused material. She will be swiftly forgotten.
on 14 November 2013
For the best giggles in the bath, when you're hiding from your family, this is the one you need. Buy it!
on 5 February 2015
Fabulous book. Re-read at least twice. Would recommend.
on 19 August 2015
I have always had mixed emotions about Kelly Oxford. I visited her blog just twice, but I follow her on Twitter for the last 2-3 years, occasionally look at her Instagram profile, and watched her interview with Amanda de Cadenet. I didn't find her funny on social media to be honest and I didn't think she was trying to be funny really. I just thought/think she was sharing her opinions and her life, 'funny' was a label some people gave to her which I didn't agree with. But since I happen to agree with her on a bunch of things, I continued to follow.

I really didn't expect to like this book. I mean, at the time I started to read it I knew less about her than most of her followers, and I wasn't really that interested in getting to know her more. Couple friends of mine read the book and just to not feel left out I decided to give it a go. Turned out she IS funny and a better writer than I imagined. I enjoyed her not trying to sound perfect or list a series of compliments about celebrities because she is now around them and could be afraid of some negative response. She is honest in this book; honest about her opinions, her mistakes, her personality...at least it felt so.

My two disappointments are, in the book she goes from dating James to when they are married and already had their first child. The time between these two periods felt missing, I think it would be better if she mentioned about the time in between. Also I was hoping to read more about her family. I suppose that was expected, she starts her stories from her childhood, so there was not enough space to talk more about her adulthood and family. I just hope to read a bit more in the next book, which I can now say I will pre-order.
on 16 June 2013
A little random but I certainly liked it :)

I would recommend this for a funny easy read, hopefully she will write another.
on 4 November 2014