Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 September 2013
I'd read Tatum's first book and it was an interesting read. I feel she's never moved on from her childhood - she blames her dad Ryan for everything when in actual fact it was her mum who opted out and left a young Ryan to bring up 2 kids. If she can forgive her mum I don't see why she can't forgive him. You get the feeling she enjoys being a victim. In many ways she's had a charmed life and I feel she should grow up and be a good example to her own kids.
on 12 January 2012
Good book, not as gritty as paper moon, but engaging nonetheless.. 3 star.
Tatum can not do a third book and still be repeating the mistakes of the first and second. But unfortunately some people can not move on. Incredibly some families make yours look like paradise on earth, be grateful for what you have.
It would have been interesting to her from her bother patrick, who is in regular contact with her ex husband. I wonder if his version of events would differ from her's?
on 16 August 2012
What an odd book. Tatum O'Neal is after all a middle aged woman and mother to grown up children, yet most of this book is about her trying to win her daddy's love back. It just goes to show what damage can be done to an adult and how it continues to affect them for a very long time if they had bad parenting. It all seems to be about "Look at me, I'm out of control, I'm taking drugs again, help me!" unfortunately many times over.

I'd already read Miss O'Neal's first biography so knew about her peculiar upbringing. One can excuse a child of such circumstance for being stubborn and argumentative, confrontational and needy - but unfortunately it seems this lady has still got a lot of growing up to do. This bad behaviour (which apparently some describe as feisty and strong) is obviously done to cover up huge insecurities. I'm not sure why anyone would want to share these problems with the whole world rather than privately with a professional counsellor, and I felt caught in the middle of someone else's family problems by reading this book.

I can only wish her luck on her journey and advise trying to live in the present rather than try to get back the normal childhood she obviously never had. Perhaps this book will inspire others in the same situation to to just that.
on 18 September 2013
I would recommend this book to any one who would like to know more about the life of Tatum O'Neil
on 2 July 2015
I found it interesting of what

Very interesting
on 2 September 2014
found it a bit boring.I didnt finish the book.
on 15 October 2015
Most enjoyable and very interesting.
on 14 February 2015