on 10 October 2013
I've had the pleasure of reading this book twice and it is unputdownable. It's an African adventure that will make you laugh, cry and is a reminder of the fragility of life and the rewards that come when you live it with passion and go for it full throttle.
Kathy Eldon has produced a memoir that will remain with you long after you've read the final word and make you mourn the loss of the constant companion it has become when you close the book for the last time.
on 2 October 2013
THis book came into my hands within a time of my personal reflection.It has inspired me and shown me that there is always vulnerability and frailty in our lives.
I especially liked the fact that Kathy was similar to me with her books encroaching on her bedroom space.
on 17 November 2015
I was privileged to have known the Eldon family in Kenya and am so proud of Mike, Kathy and Amy and their strength in dealing with the loss of Dan. I had no idea of the struggles they went through and the toll it took on them until I read this book ... I am honoured that my father played a part in influencing Dan's career and our family to have been a small part of their journey ... they are both looking down and smiling at how we are still connected. God Bless Mike, Kathy and Amy and long may you continue to inspire us with the work you are doing.
on 28 April 2014
A story to help anyone struggling with grief, particularly the grief of losing a child. A book that shows you there is hope for the future despite what might have happened and that you can use your grief to good, for yourself and others.
on 13 March 2014
Very powerful story. Full of struggle and insightful revelations. Brilliantly written.
Few people would not be moved by this journey through the sharp end of life.