Customer reviews

The Key
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 27 July 2003
Iliana has been compelled to marry Duncan, a Scottish laird, and while not overly happy, is determined to make the best of things. However, her new husbands' personal hygiene leaves something to be desired, and she refuses to allow him to go to bed with her until he changes.
Obviously, there is some element of suspension of disbelief here, and I'm not entirely sure I approve of the sexual politics, but this is a romance novel - if I wanted to read politically correct stuff, I'd read Erica Jong or something.
This is a very funny story, with lots of mishaps and misunderstandings, but true love & cleanliness win the day.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 June 2018
Again I liked this book just enjoying the series.😀
on 4 May 2017
I have really enjoyed this book as I have the other books I have read by Lynsey Sands. I love the humour in her stories and I love how I become immersed in them.
on 7 June 2014
Not as funny as some of her books but it was still well written. The prologue was a little misleading, Duncan wasn't so dumb and his sister changed throughout the plot.
on 8 December 2013
I liked the characters and their humour made me laugh out loud. Enjoyed the storyline as well. Will definitely put it in my favourites and enjoy reading it again.
on 6 May 2013
Really funny exciting and well worth the purchase ..... these two characters interaction was highly amusing the second instalment of historical romance is well worth a shot
on 25 November 2013
Humorous and vivid animated characters. What more could you ask for...and it is a full length book! A pleasant bit of escapism
on 19 September 2013
Another great book from Lynsay Sands, loads of adventure, treachery, steamy romance and laughter. Nobody does funny quite like this author.
on 17 February 2014
it was very relaxing funny at times and you can get yourself right into it.It was also very easy reading
on 26 March 2013
love the story and caricters. will get my mother and frinds to read this. then we can chat about it