on 10 August 2012
Don't waste your money on this book. I rarely write reviews but as this book was so terrible and disappointing I felt I should this time.

I was looking forward to reading this. As a fan of Black Label society and thinking that Zakk may have some great stories from touring with Ozzy etc. I thought this book would be a page turner. It isn't.

Whilst the band are still awesome, Neither Zakk or 'cowriter' Eric Hendrikx have bothered to make this at all interesting to read. It is infant humour without any content worth reading at all. Do not bother. If you just want to hear about how great zakk thinks he is, hear some jokes about genital and read a load of rubbish about vikings that doesn't relate to anything...go for it
on 4 July 2012
Was really looking forward to reading this, but was greatly let down by it.

Very little if any substance contained within in it, all padded out with waffle about Vikings and other such nonsense and the irritatingly constant degrading of JD, it just never stops, and it get tedious real fast. I didn't expect much from a book with Zakk's (sorry, Jeffrey's) name on it, but I got much much less than even I expected...

Also there were a few spelling mistakes, and even a part where the same paragraph appeared twice... terribly put together from the writing all the way through to the editing (assuming that there actually was any).

Had to really force myself to finish it just so I could get on with the rest of my life.

I'll be throwing it in to my nearest charity shop. Maybe if someone gets to pay only 50p for it they'll feel less cheated than I do.
on 24 June 2012
For those of you who like Zakk Wylde, this is an absolute must have.
Since reading I haven't stopped laughing, it's typical carnage from the metal god and he leaves nothing for the imagination.
The book covers subjects very honestly such as his drinking, touring with some of the greats and of course his relationship with Ozzy.
Brutal, brilliant and a simple must have.
on 23 May 2014
This 'book' is such garbage I don't know where to begin. I read a lot of books and I am huge metal fan and a guitar player of nearly 30 years. I was therefore massively interested to read this book. The other bad reviews are spot on. This book is nothing more than a glorification of the author in his own mind. The humor is beyond juvenile (he includes a picture of his own scrotum), and it only smacks of a second rate BLS marketing job. All talk of other guitar players in the book falls within a church metaphor (Pope Page, Saint Rhoads, Lord Iommi etc which is beyond stupid) so you think it is a coincidence that the rehearsal space is called the Black Vatican and the new album is Catacombs of the Black Vatican? The focus of the 'book' lies heavily on the supposed meaning of the badges of BLS, the meaning of the BLS family, BLS lore etc. The band was only formed around 1998 so let's not go crazy on the deeper meaning of everything.
After that there is endless waffle about Vikings which have nothing to do with a guitar player from new jersey who at one stage heavily identified himself with southern rock (I guess that didn't work out) and constant references to someone called JD who no reader will know anyway, and a stream of vulgar references to his own wife.
If this is the kind of garbage that the author will put to print to raise money then it seems BLS is struggling to sell records. I liked him better as a humble guitar player for Ozzy, not a guy who is blinded his own aura of greatness.

I have read other sensible, entertaining well written bios of other musicians (Yngwie Malmsteen, Lemmy, Keith Richards, Duff McKagan etc). These were great - they explained personal backgrounds, development of abilities, music, songwriting and the creation of their sounds. Lots of insight on technical aspects of guitar playing etc. I thought much more highly of Duff McKagan after reading his book than when I started. The opposite is true for this book. I thought he was great with Ozzy. I liked P&G and BoS. I bought the first couple of BLS albums but now think the sound is terrible, the singing is worse and the quality of songwriting is non existent. I took a chance on the book and regret it now.

You would be smart to save your money.
on 8 February 2013
this is an ultimate read for any fan of rock,metal,ozzy or the great man himself zakk wylde,very funny and slightly strange at times a look at life on the road,on stage and in the studio's, a definite page turner
on 3 August 2012
excellent read by one of the greats of rock, a must have book on any shelve with the "i am ozzy" already taking its place beside it.
on 17 January 2013
Well worth the read. A true look at a metal guitar player and all round nice guy. Will read again.
on 6 December 2013
I am a big Zakk Wylde fan, definately recommend to BLS fanatics of every kind, very funny but sways attention from time to time
on 22 October 2014