Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 13 June 2017
Great for all style and fashion lovers. Lovely pictures and information.
on 9 January 2015
excellent book to read.
on 4 July 2013
The Lauren Conrad series books are amazing, such a good storyline to follow! Such an easy read and great as a holiday book!
on 2 January 2011
Having watched the Hills I wasn't really a fan of the show, however I was a fan of the straight talking and effortlessly stylish Lauren Conrad, who amongst us hasn't copied at least one thing she wore on that show? side braid anyone?

This book is full of basic but useful information on how to put together a decent wardrobe, being a little older than the target market for this book (I'm 29) I must admit I do have a lot of Lauren's 'basics' in my wardrobe already however it wouldn't be a fashion book if she didnt cover the basics first. She has also covered hair and make up incredibly useful in my opinion, just because you are a fashionista doesnt neccessarily mean you're also a an expert on everything else. There are also sections on packing for various trips, how to shop vintage, accessories and even what to wear for work the bugbear of many a modern woman.

Throughout the book there is a personal feel and Lauren expresses her opinion but always goes on to mention that different things work for different people, there is no judgemental tone in this book and Lauren as a 'normal girl next door' character is a good person to deliver the messages contained in it. The target market for this book will be split into girls with an interest in fashion like myself and girls with an interest in Lauren herself however if those girls read this book and ahere to some of Lauren's smart rules and I don't have to see young girls in the supermarket wearing PJ's well its a good investment!

Overall a good read, nothing groundbreaking but delivered with a good tone that made me want to carry on reading. Great photography which doesnt interrupt the text but just adds to the glossy classy feel of the book and for me a must in all fashion books a great cover!
on 17 November 2010
The book has an all-american vibe,basic and helpful tips and it is easy-to-read. I highly recommend it to all fashion book starters!
on 2 October 2012
I have all the other Lauren Conrad books, they are my go to holiday reads. Had to stop my self reading it until I went on holiday which was hard, because I wanted to see where the story carries on. There are a few characters from the last series books, but the main leads from those are no longer in it. I would recommend reading the first three before getting into this one. It is just like watching a reality TV show really and sadly find myself gripped from chapter to chapter. This coming from someone who likes more adult fiction!It took me about five days of my holiday to read, and I was reading super slow in between sunbathing, normally probably could get through it in two nights! This isn't a book which will challenge anyone and you don't need to think when reading it but Lauren is a good writer you have to give her credit for that and when you think her target audience is under 20/ early 20's its not bad. I am slightly older but have been a fan of Lauren's since Laguna Beach when I was in my early twenties so sort of grown up with her!
on 15 December 2011
I bought this book, mainly because i love lauren conrad.
Started to read it and by the end of the day i had read it from cover to cover.

I loved the book, but was unsure how it woiuld help me out in my day to day life, until i had a very important interview which i didn't have a clue what to wear, so went back to the book, and found just what i needed, something smart but not too dressy..
I would defo recommeend this book to young women and girls.
on 4 November 2010
Style was a great guide to building a wardrobe. A lot of people say that it isn't anything groundbreaking and it is fairly generic, which is true; however, I think the information presented in the book is very smart and basic. Trends cannot really be discussed as they are forever changing, but basics and classic styles are what she aimed for here and those never change. I think the book is well worth it in terms of learning how to tailor clothing, choose appropriate pieces and accessories. I don't think anyone would regret purchasing it...it is a very smart read and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will go back to it time and time again for reference.
on 5 June 2011
I'm a student deeply inspired and influenced by Fashion, the first thing that drew me to purchasing this book was the Author. I am a true fan of Lauren Conrad. I find her very inspiring and she doesn't fail to please me in this book.

This book states all the basic ways to have style in a fantastic layout, therefore it doesn't become boring. Also shows her own secrets on style. Also includes things you wouldn't expect like make-up, how to clean out your wardrobe, holidays.
I would recommend it to any fan of Lauren Conrad or Fashion. It's a book you could keep for years and it would still apply to fashion then, a brilliant buy.
on 15 October 2010
I was so excited when my copy of Lauren's new style book arrived this morning. And I haven't been able to put it down since!

It's everything I had hoped for. Loads of gorgeous pics of Lauren, really cool clothes and very handy hints and tips.

I'd recommend to anyone who likes Lauren or who admires her amazing style when they see her in magazines.

I'm going to be buying it for lots of friends this Christmas!!!