on 9 May 2014
I've always loved these novels for their great balance of story, the development of the characters and the relationships between them that make the action and humour that much better. After many years of asking the ' will they, won't they question ' we get some answers about Trent and Rachel, but it doesn't overtake the great plot and how the Hollows series is progressing to what I can only imagine to be it's amazing conclusion.
on 14 May 2014
Kim Harrison has again written another nail biting page turner. I have read all the series and enjoyed every one,so pleased that Rachel finally got her man! And gutted to read that the next book is going to be the last,however at least this will be a fitting conclusion to a wonderful series and I so hope that Kim can come up with an equally riveting set of characters for her next series...please!
on 25 February 2014
Not quite as good as some of the others in the series. Not entirely sure all loose ends were tied up to allow a continuation however if it is the last book it works. If not it will be interesting to see where it could go from here.
If this is the first hollows series you have picked up please don't read it. Buy the rest and read them in sequence you will enjoy it more if you do.
on 3 April 2014
Excellent as usual! Rachel's story is evolving further and so is her relationship with Trent. All the usual characters are here, all progressing as well in a changing environment. The story is good but the writing is confusing or confused at times, which spoils it a bit. I expect that the next book will be the last though as I feel that things are falling into place.
on 20 March 2014
Kim Harrison`s saga continues, if you haven`t read the others get them now, this is the penultimate novel of 12 , this series has been a delight, with carefully drawn characters who grow on you book by book. The heroine Rachel Morgan is just what you want in a fantasy tale, sassy ,bright, loveable, determined, and resourceful.
on 14 December 2014
The tagged line says it all, there were some great parts that made me laugh while I read this book. not trying to give too much away but I thought it was so funny when Trent tryed to buy 'something' with a plastic card :D. Thank you for a wonderful series of the hollows it's gonna be so sad to read the final book.
on 25 March 2014
Kim Harrison has such an amazing way with words. I would recommend this book, however I would suggest you started with the first one and worked your way through the series. It does work as a stand alone book, but you would miss out on so me of the relationships that have been built throughout the series
on 4 March 2014
Loved this installment, as always. There's lots of action as we've come to expect; however emotionally everyone seems more confident as the book progresses. I won't write any spoilers; but for those of you about to read I have one word for you. Al. Have fun!
on 22 December 2014
Simply could not stop reading! More twists and turns in plot than spaghetti junction which kept you guessing the outcome and coming nowhere near the solution! Another gripping Rachel Morgan adventure can't wait for next book. A must read.
on 12 April 2014
When I read the first books it was my favourite series to read. But this book is nowhere near as good. It's entertaining but I'm disappointed by the way everything is turning out. I will still read the next book to complete the series