on 6 September 2016
This book is such an eye opener! Every heterosexual female should read it before dating. If I had I'm positive I wouldn't have made all the mistakes I've made in my life. I and my peers knew nothing about 'red flags'.
I have two daughters, one of dating age, and I tell you this I will be passing on everything I've learned from Steve Harvey. Hopefully they'll not make half the mistakes I have.
It is written in a humorous way and is easy to understand. Simple but effective.
Thank you Mr. H.
Happy reading!
3 people found this helpful
on 14 March 2018
Simple EXCELLENT. All young women over 15 should read it and then re-read every year to refresh. It would save a lot of broken hearts if only girls/ ladies could use this everyday guide in the complicated love / relationship / feelings world.
This books tells you straight away what to do to be respected (by yourself, men, everybody), how nowadays women are manipulated, how women’s behaviours are perceived by the men and how to steer away from the wrong guy.
on 7 June 2018
The paper is that cheap yellow stuff and is really thin. I like to underline or highlight my books so that I can read again easily - cant do this with this book. It also has a lot of 'lingo' that i am unfamiliar with being a white, British woman. I thought that this was written to ALL women as indeed the information applies to us all so to keep referring to black women, black men etc etc is off putting and makes me feel like I am a lesser person just because I lack a bit of pigment in my skin. In these so called more enlightened and equal times, is this really necessary? Other than than it was helpful.
on 9 February 2014
I read this book and took some of the advise. I decided that l will act like a lady and it has paid off. Sorry cant go into detail about the big change l made, but was surprised how when you put a value to yourself you are better at making decisions that are in your best interest. I think every mother should buy this book for their teenage daughters
9 people found this helpful
on 21 May 2018
I found this book so empowering...the information in here makes one feel quite in control and makes the mystery of dating less confusing. I have since easily detected guys that were out to just have a good time and quickly took my business else where. I feel more confident. The book helps you clearly define what to look out for in a future mate and makes you more aware of male behaviour and what it means...kind of a cheat sheet. Its a great read too, I couldn't put it down. Like other reviewers, makes you feel like you'd have avoided some of the mistakes if I had read it earlier. So glad I came across it and would highly recommend
on 6 January 2016
I made a few attempts to get into this book but I just could not get past or understand his American jargon, I really did not understand whole chunks of it. I also find it annoying that he continually refers to his faith, eg do you know the Lord, love Jesus etc. It is very, very wordy and I suspect that if all the real information were condensed down it would fill a couple of sides of A4. Not impressed. Have now given it to a charity shop.
4 people found this helpful
on 27 June 2015
A valuable insight into the male perspective.
I am aware of women who have taken exception to this book. However, Steve Harvey makes no apology for offering the truth as he and his male peers experience it.
Have a look at the three areas a man has to have in place prior to being able to offer a woman anything, the three p's that a man will offer a lady he is genuinely interested in and the section,'sports fish versus keeper'.
I also love the section on having standards!
3 people found this helpful
on 3 August 2016
This book is really good, funny, thought provoking and insightful. There are sections of the book that you can take notes which is good. 50% of the ideas are not new but a solid reminder. I would recommend this book.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2014
It's great to get a guy's perspective on females. Sometimes we forget that men still want women to be a lady as well as a friend (well I do anyway)
The only downside for me was the references to faith (not everyone is religious you know) and that if a man doesn't get along with his mum then it's a bad sign (I agree to a point but you don't know everyone's family history)
Aside from that I really did enjoy it and it did make me think of things a little differently
2 people found this helpful
on 16 August 2016
Fantastic, in depth book on everything you need to know about men! Written in a simple and humorous way. If I had to say anything negative it's that it's quite a long read and some parts seem a little too traditional for the modern, independent woman. But still a great book.