on 5 September 2007
At last - a stylish and beautifully produced book for anyone who loves fashion but has a conscience too. It is far more than just a compedium of where to buy ethically produced clothes (although the author has searched far and wide to list dozens of producers and designers). It also tells you how you can shop ethically on the high street, how you can create your own DIY style, even how to organise a clothes 'swishing' (swapping) party with your friends. The book is lively and informative enough to be read cover to cover or it can be used as a reference book for specific topics. It is fun and definitely stays the right side of 'preachy'. Highly recommended.
on 14 March 2008
I bought this book on holiday, and have returned to the UK full of good intentions to start revisting my local charity shops and making more presents for my friends and family. The book is a pleasure to read - it actually manages to shake off the 'knit your own yogurt' reputation often attributed to crafts, and shows the many ways in which approaching fashion from an ethical and sustainable point of view can result in a great degree of personal style.
on 21 September 2007
I loved this book, it is huge fun! While it takes a thoughtful look at'ethical consumerism and fashion' It is in no way stuffy or boring. Istill got my 'fashion fix.'

The book is full of gossipy bits e.g. Anya Hindmarch, 'Confessions of abag lady', tips on recipes for cosmetics balanced with, what isavailable to buy, if you can't resist the glossy packaging.

In the section for DIY Style,I really fancy trying to make the Alexander McQueen Kimono Jacket . I do have some old kimonos which I can't throwaway but wouldn't mind recycling. Even if you have limited sewing
abilities, you will be inspired to make something of your own. I'm now collecting bits of junk to make a necklace with!
on 5 January 2008
I absolutely loved this book! It took me less than a week to read and that's with 2 jobs and uni work to do too!!

It is hugely informative but not preachy, filled with little tasks and projects to do at home, a wealth of company information and resources too! Plus gives you tons of contacts of "ethical" designers/business that you iht not of heard about before! It has proved invaluable for the research of my upcoming university Final Collection (which is on sustainable fashion) and for my new job at TRAIDremade!

Plus I love Lilly Cole now! :o )
on 12 December 2014
This a really good read. I am not vegan or interested in Anti protests but I still found the book really informative and made me think long and hard about where I buy from

Although it is very hard to buy sweat shop free clothing now as even respected designers use them - I am more careful about how much I choose to spend and where.

I learned to dress make, buy more second hand and buy/sell vintage too
on 19 September 2009
A well researched and very well written guide to dressing with ethically oriented clothing. Very intertaining too. Some useful tips too.
on 21 April 2013
Bought it for uni purpose and I've enjoyed reading it a lot.
You learn a lot about green fashion/ how you can live green even if you are a shopaholic fashion student like me.
on 20 July 2014
kept me reading for a while, but not in the long term. Sold off at a charity book sale.