on 14 April 2009
I have become a fan of 'the love at stake' series. It started with 'How to marry a millionaire vampire'. From the very first book to this last one ' Secret life of a vampire, Kerrelyn Sparks stories have totally enchanted me.

The Secret life of a Vampire is a cativating story about Casanova's son Giaccomo, other wise known as Jack but does not pratice his fathers talents or beliefs. Lara is ex beauty queen who decides she wants to do something important with her life. After a very bad accident she becomes a police officer. Lara is drawn to Jack through his good looks and her curiosity. Due to Jack avoiding her questions and his ability to control minds, she embarks on investingating everything there is to know about him, but what she didn't count on was falling in love. No matter how hard she tried, she was unable to find out exactly what Jack is. LaToya, her best mate, thinks he is an alien.

I devoured this book in 2 days. (It was the weekend my children stayed at their grans) An absolutly delightful read. I highly recommend it x
on 20 August 2010
I would categorize Kerrelyn Sparks' latest paranormal in her vampire series, "Secret Life of a Vampire" as one of the sweeter, yet still hot, in this whole series. Her hero is more Gamma than Alpha, her heroine is an ex-beauty queen turned cop, and there's not much blood spilled unless it comes from a glass.
The vampires in this series are divided into two camps; Malcontents who want to rule the world and feed from humans at will, and the good vamps who feed off bottled blood and battle the Malcontents. Even though this same good vamps vs bad vamps has been done over and over, Sparks adds enough twists to distinguish her series from the rest. Her good vamps have their own 'Black Pages', their own Vamp Network cable TV station, and their own Vampire Fusion Cuisine.
This story begins at a wild vamp bachelor party that gets raided by a pair of cops due to the noise of the bagpipes. Yes, I said bagpipes. The humor in this series isn't just in the dialogue. I mean kilt wearing, sword-bearing, sexy vampires in New York City? Be still my heart.
Anyway, my enjoyment of this series is its refusal to bow to the popularity of the more serious and darker vein (couldn't resist) of stories that currently abound. Fun and funny, sweet yet with enough heat to satisfy most romance readers, I confess to being hooked
on 2 July 2009
I very much liked this book, the story is really good and is well written. It tells about a woman, Lara, that works as a cop and a man called Jack, who really is a vampire. Jack is this gorgeous, sexy guy and Lara can't help but to fall for him. things gets complicated and stuff happens that I won't tell more about, I'm afraid i would spoil all the fun. It's a warm book about love with a pinch of action that makes it good. I would have gave it five stars if it just would have had a longer end, because those really are my favorite.
on 20 February 2014
Great story of mortal meets vampire and falling in love. Shape shifters, malcontent vampires and brainwashing of mortals. As said I couldn't put this book down and read it late into the night.
on 13 March 2012
Absolutely fantastic series. I don't usually pay this much for my ebooks, but I bought the whole series. I've read them all and I just love them. They're so funny as well.
on 13 January 2015
I am reading this book for the second time and I still love it ,it as it's funny bit' s and it's love bit' s and a all round good story well done Kerrelyn Sparks .
on 24 June 2013
This book was great and is full of romance, battles and more, you are also introduced to more new characters. I would recommend this book.
on 31 October 2014
Love Kerrelyn Sparks books. They make a really good read with excellent characterisation and interesting story lines and humour.
on 14 December 2013
I love all these books I cant put them down and the books are about friends I need more of these books about the people in it
on 3 March 2013
This is a brilliant book in a brilliant series
I would recommend it to anyone and everyone that I am able