on 29 April 2014
This book includes all of the texts found at Nag Hammadi in scholarly translation. It is the definitive English language edition, and anybody interested in Gnosticism (and Hermeticism) will want to read it.

The quality of this hardback product is excellent, and the price well worth it.

Unfortunately, the translators use modern American English. Considering that these are religious texts, that is pretty disappointing. Furthermore, by refusing to translate into Jacobean English, we not only lose all of the original's exaltedness, we also cannot tell whether an adress is in the singular (e.g. thou hast) or plural (ye have) - we are simply given a hodgepodge (you have). The translations are thus politically/linguistically correct, but at the expense of exaltedness and accuracy.

Nonetheless, this book is an excellent buy and warmly recommended.
on 13 March 2015
Fantastic! A truly worth while read for Christian or someone who is interested in religion. It definitely speaks volumes of the church that they decreed these books to be false because they offer a different view of Christian faith that doesn't fit their views.
on 5 November 2010
It isn't often that I have to have a dictionary beside me when reading a book, and even rarer for there to be words that aren't even in the Concise Oxford English Dictionary (three so far, and I'm only on p.72). You need to be really fascinated by the subject and have great perseverance to find it an easy read, but if you are, then it is a "must have" book.
on 6 May 2014
worthwhile studying , to the serious student this contains great knowledge.we are lucky to still have this information seen that the Christians destroyed all gnostic beliefs including the great library of Alexandria
on 4 March 2016
Brilliant writings telling us the 'true words' of Jesus. The R/C church had no opportunities to destroy or alter these texts as they did know they were hidden. Read the First Apocalypse of James for knowledge of Archons or Grey and Reptilian demons from a different dimension. Greys and Reptilians are not alien ETs.
Read the Reality of the Rulers to find out about the earth Goddess Sophia missing from the three Abrahamic religions.
on 9 February 2010
This is a well-compiled version of the scriptures concerning Christ that did not make it into the New Testament... for the life, of me having read them, I can't understand why because everything written in for example 'The Gospel of Thomas' directly relates to what we read in the four gospels of the bible. It arrived in perfect condition and I am very pleased with the rapid delivery and supportive service provided by Amazon.
on 21 May 2014
This book sheds new light on the life and times of the first few centuries. However, although information and ideas are excellent
it does get quite technical with acedemic language so that some may find it hard going
on 29 September 2016
Not read much of it yet, but what I have I like. I can read this type of literature all day long, the bible and anything associated with it intrigues me immensely. Another good book to my collection.

Much of the texts correlates to all the other scriptures and as individuals you get out of it what you will. It's not something you can or can't recommend really, I think it is personal. As far as how well it is written, as book, I would recommend it in that respect. I am finding it easy to read.

There is an explanation (in some detail) at the beginning of each of the scriptures, which some may find helpful. It is a thick book and will take some time read and understand. My view? Excellent.
on 30 January 2015
couldn't find a feed back for nag hammadi, so used review slot instead.
feedback:nag hammadi scriptures:
prompt delivery (29 jan. circa 11:30), as described and excellantly packaged. thank you very much.
on 6 May 2014
A real piece of history becomes alive in these texts and the ðetailed explainations are very useful. Whatever Christians think today about their faith should informed by these ancient thoughts.