on 30 December 2012
Read this book in one day, brilliant, gripping and sexy.. this should be the next set of books to be made into a TV series
on 31 May 2010
I have read all the books in this series and i can safely say this one is my favourite one. It has danger, romance and sex and just when you think its all going to work out it takes another turn you could not ask for more from a book
on 30 October 2009
Taken on its own, 'The Renegade Hunter' is an enjoyable book. Jo Willan finds herself taking some fresh air at a party and is then unexpectedly attacked by an unknown man. She fights back but is soon rescued by another man, Nicholas Argeneau, who is on the run. Nicholas is a 'rogue', a vampire who has killed a mortal, and has been hiding from the hunters for fifty years.

But Nicholas recognises Jo as his lifemate and can't keep away, especially when Jo is being targetted by Ernie, another rogue. Nicholas tries to keep Jo safe which seems to involve them being on the run together. But why did Nicholas commit murder, and is there more to the story of his past than Jo or even he realises?

I enjoyed reading this story which focused very strongly on the relationship between Nicholas and Jo; they are together in almost every scene and we follow their conversations as they get to know each other. However I was left with the overwhelming feeling that, having read one Lynsay Sands Argeneau vampire series book, you've really read them all. The underlying story was very familiar and when lots of other vampire characters appeared in this book, along with their lifemates, I realised that I couldn't separate them in my mind - their stories had all merged, because they were so similar. I also found the end of the book rather disappointing as we aren't told what actually happened to Nicholas when he was found with the murdered woman; presumably this will be revealed in a future book but it meant that this one didn't feel complete.

Despite the large list of supporting vampire characters, the focus on Nicholas and Jo means that this book can be read by those who haven't read any others. In fact, with the repetitive nature of these stories, I think this book might work best for those new to the series - it's just too similar to the others to be enjoyed entirely.

Originally published for Curled Up With A Good Book © Helen Hancox 2009
on 25 January 2011
The latest instalment in the Argeneau Vampire series follows Jo Willan, sister to Sam (lifemate to the hunter Mortimer). Stepping outside for fresh air at a dull party leads to Jo being attacked by one rogue and saved by another - rogue of the Argeneau family - Nicholas.

Jo is Nicholas's lifemate and the rest of the book follows their struggle to be together; Nicholas is on the run for killing a mortal and the rest of the hunters want him caught and Jo as far away from him as possible. Another rogue is after Jo too just to complicate things further. The relationship between Nicholas and Jo is one of the best in the series. Nicholas is such a likeable character and Jo is pretty good too. The hunters have been in these books for a while and the old characters like Marguarite, Lissianna and Thomas haven't been - maybe thats why there has been a lack of spark in the last few. This book has the best of both - the new hunters and the old faves make an appearance too. Theres also a mystery element as Nicholas past is revealed.

My only criticism for this book is the ending. I can't complain that it left it hanging because the outcome was revealed but there was a 2 week gap. I take it that this missing 2 weeks is revealed in the next book Born to Bite but it was a strange way to end - I know the outcome just not how it came about. Better than a complete cliffhanger as a i find them frustrating but it still left this book feeling a bit like part 1 of 2 - a little incomplete.

Otherwise the book was fantastic, really funny, fast-paced and thoroughly enjoyable - definitely one of my favourites!
on 17 October 2013
The book arrived as it was described and delivered when estimated which is always good. The book is a fab read especially if you have read all the books before this book. I would recommend telling people about this book and coming to amazon to buy this book and others because you get a great online service which is safe and reliable!
on 8 April 2013
I enjoyed this book, but I have enjoyed all the Argeneau Vampire Novels I have read so far. I will continue to read the rest of the series and recommend anyone interested in vampire books does the same.
on 10 June 2013
i loved the book
it was funny, made me laugth and cry.
will get my mother to read it and try get my friends to read it
one of the books was by one of my favorite authers
on 10 February 2011
i love this story line! it keeps you entertained all the way through. I think Nicholas is probably one of my fav characters, along with Bricker. Its funny, Sexy and keeps you on edge.
on 19 June 2013
Highly recommended - have read most of the Argeneau Series, love all the characters and those sexy male vampires. Great stories, great humor, great sex, ...a must read!!
on 12 December 2010
really good read. story of nicholas argeneau, vampires can be good people too, just wanting to find that someone for them. fast paced, up to her usual standard.