on 30 March 2011
Really loved this book, read it twice straight through. Have used the information contained in every day since and it's really easy and fascinating. Definitely recommend it.
on 8 February 2013
If you want to know about non verbal signals then this is the book for you. I am an NLP trainer and I have this book on my list of recommended reading for everyone I train.
on 14 May 2014
A very informative book with great reference.

I would recommend this to.anyone looking to improve their knowledge and understanding of the fabled human complex.
on 23 January 2010
An interesting read that shows you how to really look at everyday situations and realise that you could be missing some important signals to help you communicate better. A mix of useful case studies and illustrations to help you remember what you are reading better enabling you to apply it immediately. A useful book to help you tap into understanding body language better and spotting what people are really saying.
on 11 August 2015
This is a very well set out guide to understanding body language. Navarro alikens it to another means of communication which many people simply don't use. I think he's right - this book has definitely changed how I communicate to others.

The book analyses each portion of the body and tells you what sort of things to look for or wonder about. Throughout Navarro provides lots of stories of situations (mostly US Police-centric) where body language has been the key, and this provides plenty of food for thought for how the reader could apply his method too.

The writing style is straightforward, the principles throughout are consistent. Very easy book to understand, no wasted pages. Great value. I've used this info in commercial negotiations and arguments - it's worked.

One small criticism is that in the kindle edition the pictures are often a few pages separated from the text which is talking about them.
on 14 June 2008
I recently bought this book hoping to learn how to read and better understand the behavior of the business people and situations I come across daily in my work in finance. My hopes for this knowledge were SURPASSED as the guidance Mr. Navarro provides in this book is so practical and constructive you can start applying it immediately. I like his style of writing too - easy to follow, engaging with many real examples. I also found the pictures used throughout the book are very helpful in making a behavior memorable so I can look out for it as I go about my day, in and outside of work. I can see how this information could be applied to so many different jobs and situations, not just business and finance, and as such recommend it to anyone looking for more understanding about the behaviors of the people around them.

I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could, because it's already helping me as I apply what I've learnt.
22 Comments| 191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2010
Unlike many a self-proclaimed expert, this author learned his trade in the front line of criminal investigation with the FBI. This gives him credibility in my view. It's a decent introduction to the world of body language and the author knows its limitations which is a very honest statement in a book like this. It's also great fun to try out some of the tips. A good purchase.
on 23 October 2013
This book was such an easy read which is very rare with this type of books. I will buy other books by the same author which to me is a true sign of a good book!
on 12 May 2013
I enjoyed the reading of this book very much, it was easy reading, nothing tough. And I've improved the natural knowledge of body language quite significantly.
on 6 February 2013
I literally read this book from cover to cover and couldn't stop....I'm about to start it again and hope to drill this into my head so I can read people better