on 29 September 2015
exciting book for children far better than the film.
Already have box set which my oldest son enjoyed.
Younger 10 year was interested in reading, having lost the
1st copy decide to order it on the kindle.
Good book to stretch imagination and vocabulary.
My older son read majority of the box set (around 9 books in total), however
nearing the end didn't finish as got to be repetitive.
Would definitely recommend buying the 1st book as a trial, then purchasing
further copies in the series if you enjoy.
on 16 March 2017
Bought for a young reader; they have thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and cannot put it down! Will continue to order the full compendium.
on 6 June 2017
Originally watched the film and then the Netflix series, I did not realise there were so many books. Just started this book but so far I am enjoying the adventures or should that be the disasters of the children.
on 7 July 2015
A fun book. On its own it's a five star, as are many of the others. The only problem is that there are SO many in the series (13 in total). You feel you really ought to / want to get to the end to find out what happens but they start to get more than just a bit samey and repetitive. My daughter literally grew out of them before she got there!
on 13 September 2017
I bought it for the kids to listen to on a long car journey but was transfixed myself the whole journey. Amazing story wonderfully told, I LOVED it, we all did.
on 19 August 2014
This book made an avid reader of my nine year-old son, who'd previously found reading 'boring'. I'm so grateful to the author for making reading enjoyable and exciting for him; you should have seen his little face when I told him there were twelve more in the series! He's now on book seven, and he's always updating me on the latest events, so I can tell he's really hooked. Brilliant stuff!

5 Stars!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 January 2018
This is a brilliant book. Bought it for my daughter as she had started watching the tv series and she loves the book just as much as the series. Would recommend to all fans.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 September 2016
Can't believe I'd not read it before now ... A good read although i because of the film I just read it as if Jude law is saying it haha
on 9 February 2018
Wonderful series, great vocabulary and writing
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 February 2017
amazing would always recommend to anyone who enjoys reading long books with a good story and nice a read but I will warn you, you will end up reading all the books.