Customer reviews

on 23 October 2008
If there are any harry potter/fantasy fans out there this is one book you have to buy. The story is set between the middleages and the invention of gunpowde, where most gaurds have guns. This book is a great book to read and the best thing is that there are more than just 2 books but a whole series so don't have to find other books to read for a while.
on 1 February 2009
Exciting smartly plotted books. Glad I found them to read and have pre ordered the last in the group
on 14 March 2009
My son saw a full page add for this series in a magazine he was reading and had been asking for one for his birthday. He had visitd the website which is full of spells and seemingly things to do once you get the books and was still asking for them, so I thought i'd get them for him for his 7th birthday (he is a very good reader so I thought they would be ideal) When he opened them exitedly on the day and once into the box his face dropped and he looked really sad. "Is it not what you were expecting?" I asked. He said he thought the items pictured on the front actually came with the book - not just painted on - and that inside there were spells and things to do with those items. I have to admit I thought so too, I guess I should have done more research but it seemed to be advertised in that way.
Anyway - we're sending them back : (