on 12 March 2010
It had been a while since I had read an SEP and I eagerly awaited this UK release - why does it take so long?

I did enjoy it and prompted me to re-read a couple of my favourites.

I like Georgie she was warm throughout her trials and tribulations and again with SEP I liked the parent child dynamic with her father.

Bramwell was hot and arrogant enough to be entertaining and pages kept turning as I drifted off down the malibu beach literally 1000's of miles away from my world.

Yet I kept getting distracted by the whole hollywood couple Brangelina Aniston triangle parallels. I sometimes fell off the page and disconnected with the storylines. In the same way the stretched plotlines although comical again jarred a bit.

The interplay between the two central characters was pure SEP and gave me pleasure. I did get caught up enough to finish the book in two sittings with enough cross over references to make me feel warm, fuzzy and nostalgic for novels fondly remembered .

I liked the spin off relationships with Chaz and Aaron, Paul and Laura. What I always enjoy is how each of the other characters relate to the main protagonists. The way they interact, show care for each other, endears them to us all the more and through them we invest. SEP does this so well and this book is no exception.

Its no 'Natural Born Charmer' but its SEP and the pages kept turning, well worth a look.
on 28 December 2009
Shame i can't give it 0 stars, have to say i have enjoyed most of SEP's books espeically Kiss an Angel. However this was a big yawn fest, found it difficult to read it as it was a re-hash of Jennifer and Brad Pitt's love life...but worse, if possible! I just couldn't bring myself to finish the book...and sad i wasted soo much money on such a rubbish book.
on 17 April 2016
Read via local elibrary. What was I thinking recommending my elibrary buy this. I found it shallow and silly. Not my cup of tea at all. Authors descriptions of furniture as amoeba shaped, surfboards in the ocean like foetuses suspended in amniotic fluid??!!?? Ugh. The story and characters just too silly and vapid for me.
on 13 May 2014
I wasn't sure about the story to start. Weird hearing a woman doing a man's voice. But I got totally hooked. Amazed to hear the narrator's range of voices. There was a lot more depth to SEP's characters than I expected. Fascinated by audio books now and will never merely read again ...
on 11 October 2009
I am a really big fan of SEP, one of the things I love about her books is the banter and sharp, amusing dialogue between the main characters. Once again she has hit the mark with this one, I absolutely loved it and found myself laughing out loud in places. I thought I would miss the presence of an American Football player (all my favourites have been Chicago Stars books) but I really enjoyed this, and as per the previous reviewer, found myself still reading at 3am and forcing myself to put the book down and get 3 precious hours of sleep before getting up for work!!

This came out hot on the heels of the re-write of Glitterbaby which, like a lot of SE's earlier books, was somewhat darker than her more recent offerings. This is much more fun and lighthearted and of the same vibe as Natural Born Charmer, Make me a Match etc.

I have no hesitation in recommending this if you want a romance, with a happy ending, that has a bit of humour and intelligence thrown in.
on 23 April 2011
Like other reviewers the first time I read this the whole Brangelina/Honey Moon similarities meant I didn't really get into the book or charactors on first read.

However on reading again recently while it didn't grab me like Stars or some other SEP books did from the first page, after a couple of chapters I found myself warming to the characters and enjoying the humourous dialogue.

The charactors and sub charactors entertained and left me wanting more by the end as is usual with SEP.

So while I wouldn't say it is the best SEP book it is by no means bad it's just that SEP spoilt us with previous titles. I would recommend new readers start with the stars series rather than this one.
on 18 May 2015
Absolutely love susan Elizabeth Philips books funny romantic and tear jerkers rolled into one an excellent read just read honey moon which is also an excellent read
on 31 March 2015
Highly enjoyable story with a show business background and vivid descriptive detail. Even when larger than life the characters are believable and compelling.
on 29 January 2009
This arrived yesterday and I made the mistake of starting it before going to sleep. At 3am I was still awake, reading, as everytime I turned out the light I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen next. As always SEP has written a wonderful story with unexpected twists as the love-hate relationship of the central couple Georgie and Bram is explored. It was great to see some old characters again too. Read this if you have read Glitter Baby and Natural Born Charmer. My fave SEP book is still Kiss an Angel though.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 August 2013
An enjoyable enough S.E.Phillips book but like other reviwers, I was very much aware of the Hollywood couple looking exactly like Brangelina.

The book was an ok summer read but not the best Phillips book out there.

I think that Kindle books over £3 are a bit of a rip off and I got this on a promotion and would never have paid nearly £5 for it in the first place as it costs ziltch to have an electronic book produced. I understand editing fees and other costs but I refuse to pay a lot for any ebook on principal.