Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2015
Oh, Julie Anne Long, you made me teary! This is one of the most beautifully written books I’ve ever read.

It ticks so many boxes:

- Chemistry between Cynthia and Miles.
- Gradual growth from instant dislike to love.
- Slow but sure romance and sexual tension build-up.
- Emotional roller-coaster for me. Teary!
- Heroic hero.
- Intelligent, feisty, likeable heroine.
- Conflict not superficially manufactured.
- Sexy times. (Sex scenes a bit unrealistically described for Cynthia’s level of experience – but I didn’t care. I was swept away by the emotion!).
- And funny. “Oh Miles, you’re so interesting!” I laughed so long and hard.
- And romantic. Holding hands has never been so bitter-sweet...

Miles was a bit of an ass in the beginning but he redeemed himself. Cynthia had me loving her from the start, despite that she was mercenary at first glance.

The writing was beautiful, the pace, perfect. Sigh… I highly recommend this novel.
on 4 April 2011
I loved this book and the hero especially! Miles is just gorgeous and the sizzling tension between him and Cynthia is extremely well-written. The story just sweeps you along and although we know that they can't be together, they share an irresistable attraction. I enjoyed this so much and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
on 10 February 2014
Julie Anne long is a very imaginative and skilled writer. you can see and get to know the characters as if they are real. always a pleasure to read
on 13 February 2013
Just as good as the first.I couldn't put it down great writing keeps you glued to the book until complete.onward to number 3!
on 6 February 2013
very well written i Loved it.it held me captive right to the end. funny and sexy. Wanted to read it again. highly recomend
on 3 June 2015
Loved this book like all of Julie Anne Long's books. Pure escapism.
on 15 September 2014