on 22 May 2010
An impactful and, at times, almost poetical book
showing the way in which we can use our power
for the good of ourselves and others. Written
in simple everyday language, with lots of examples,
an ideal book for anyone who wants to improve
their inner experience and quality of life.
on 19 January 2015
This is a truly wonderful book. Thich Nhat Hanh's lovely warm presence shines throughout, along with his sincere wish that we overcome violence and war in the world through the practice of compassion and love. It's kind of ironic that the best practicing Christian I know of..... is in fact a Buddhist ! I will be buying more copies of this book for my friends.
on 18 May 2017
I never bought this book???
on 1 April 2011
Thich Naht Hahn writes about real power is - the ability to change the world for the better. I fervently wish politicians and business leaders would read this book and learn.
on 21 July 2011
hanh has his own thien (zen) buddhist order that, being vietnamese, is also heavily influenced by hinayana mysticism. i certainly hold some humility towards hanh, because he appaers to be a far more ardent meditation-practition than i can get myself to be. but hanh is by and large not an intellectual and thus has comparatively little to say on the interplay between buddhism and life. ive seen him live, too and its just the same bland and unimaginative lectures. hanh should stick to meditation instruction
on 6 November 2016
No problems purchasing this book.
on 1 March 2015
Perfect!
on 27 December 2013
My daughter had asked for this book and was very pleased to receive it; she has now read it and is even more pleased. It was sent very quickly and arrived in excellent condition.