Format: Paperback|Change

Normally I would recommend a Simpsons Comic Book Like this as a good way to get children reading especially in schools BUT the subject matter is not suitable for under 11s in my opinion.
As a parent I'd check the check again if you think it is suitable.
If you do and it gets your kids reading then fine.
I have seen it in Primary School Libraries but I suspect that the Teachers and Parents have not actually read what the subject matter is about.
As a Teacher if you have this look at it and ask yourself could this get me in trouble?
I'll leave the outcome to you.
Now the review bit.
At 128 pages this book looks like it has a lot of reading in it compare to the usual Simpson Omnibus type of books- it doesn't.
Only 128 pages long.
True full of colour and gore

Now the technical sell.
The really big pay off is that it these books gets kids reading.

As a Teacher I'm always trying to encourage children to read especially sad to say mostly boys who see reading as un cool and sadly they often have real problems reading so vicious circle. They fall further and further behind. The interest level goes too.

Now to comics. They look at the pictures follow the action then find that if they read the speech bubbles it makes it more interesting which leads to children valuing reading for enjoyment which can't be a bad thing.

Can it?

If you have a reluctant reader and these tend more to be boys then you can't do better than getting them a book that is 'cool' to read in front of their friends has a high interest level and is enjoyable.
But just beware of the subject matter.
on 31 May 2013
I didn't find this very good because I orded it second hand but it said it was better than it actually was, it was filthy when I got it
on 20 August 2014
This is a superb book.And would definitaly recomend it
on 12 October 2015