on 30 January 2017
crap book
on 14 July 2017
Worth the money. Pity there is drink or ingredients on some pages.
on 31 January 1999
I think this book is great! I am very happy I purchased this book, because I found some recipies for some drinks I had long forgotten how to make. I love the index in the back of the book, I can find drinks my major ingredient or by the name of the drink. It's very helpful when I'm tending my home bar during parties. I've also picked up a few new "favorite" drinks by experimenting from this book. Pick up a copy today!
on 27 May 2001
This book is an absolut must for any aspiring, or profesional bartender! It has a comprehensive cocktail listing, all packaged in a very user friendly format. It also provides very thorough and brief description of all the essential spirits -distilation, history... However, the paper back format is a little bit dissapointing, and it is well worth spending the little bit extra for the hardcover. P.s. For any aspiring British bartenders looking for a career in "Match", buy this book, as most of the informations in their training course is included here!
on 12 October 2013
This book is good, it's very informative and there is an absolutely amazing amount of cocktails in it. However it's a fair bit from perfect. The book itself is pretty ugly (which I know, doesn't technically matter, but I like pictures)

It's good if you want a huge list of cocktails at your disposal, but you'll never get to try them all, and some are practically the same with just the most minuscule of differences such that they should have been left out, it feels like some were simply a making up numbers situation.

I did absolutely love the Versatile cocktails section at the back, that's something I haven't seen before and is very handy.

The books explanation of sweet and sour drinks will help you understand the concept very quickly if you haven't already grasped it properly.
on 17 October 2014
This is just what I researched the internet for. I was looking for a spiral bound book (to lie flat on the bar), divided up by base liqueur (Scotch, Vodka, Gin, etc), had to have 1000 recipes all individually numbered, alphabetical index at back. But the bonus was fantastically interesting names for all the cocktails, all the old ones plus lots of new ones, and all the info you'll ever need about everything to do with cocktails. Worth reading and studying as well as picking amusing drinks!
on 30 December 2010
I liked this book from the first time I saw it. The drawback is the lack of pictures and illustrations. But at the same time, this leaves more space for recepes. I use this one all the time! But for european users, the measuring might be a tad difficult. I hjave made a simple rule for converting the measurements, by simply cutting the measurements in half and use the closest 0.5 cl.
on 8 April 2016
This is one of the most inclusive cocktail books I have seen. This is my second copy, as first copy was destroyed in a kitchen ceiling leak. I am so glad to have a copy again. It has all the classics and variations, and bar tips. You would be stretched to find a better cocktail book. No pictures, no anecdotes. Just good cocktail recipes. Get the ring binder version of you can.
on 18 June 2011
I can not knock the description of the book, It's spot on. I'm just writing this so there isn't anybody making the same assumptions I made. If your wanting a more visual book with colourful pictures like me, then look elsewhere. Its purely descriptive, no pictures. I was abit dissapointed when I flipped through it to find only words and absolutely nothing else...Too bland and boring.
on 14 January 2012
A great little book. takes you through everything you need, in regard to equipment & ingredients. has just about every cocktail you have ever heard of...and some weird ones you just have to try out ...be warned alcohol can affect your memory...
i highly recommend these shoes top quality, thanks for your email!