Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 12 April 2007
I have read so many romantic novels and love especially historical romances and if, like me, you tend to base your choices on Amazon online reviews I would honestly recommend you spend your money on another book. Admittedly it's slightly sweet in parts but the heroine does not have the spirit to match those in other novels, and who decided childish tantrums are a show of female boldness? Not in my world! and the hero, to put it mildy is a stubborn ass! Born in Sin which is by the same writer is a much more interesting effort! I found myself skipping huge sections of this book simply because every scene between the hero & herione was the same but in a different setting (if you read it you will see what I mean). But my main criticism is the moment the hero changed his mind about what he wanted! Again I don't want to go in to it but the change was ridiculous and instantaneous! The bulk of the book he resists and then suddenly that all changes because of...

Anyway it's ok and that's the kindest I can be!
on 31 October 2013
I have been reading books ever since I got my 1st Kindle and I cant get enough of them.
This book took me into another world, would recommend to anyone, you get absorbed in the story.
You never know what is going to happen next, this series has you hooked so expect lots of late nights reading.
Definitely not one series to miss.
on 31 July 2006
I loved this book, I am a big romantic and this was an amazing find if you want love, action, heart stopping excitement then this is the book for you. I actually couldn't put it down! when I stopped reading to go to work or do something I was thinking about it! just read it buy it second hand for like 1.50 and read it you realise that you would have paid 150 just to borrow it. This really is one of the best books.
on 19 February 2016
Overall I enjoyed this book, it has the right combination of brooding hero and relate-able heroine. I enjoyed the way she tried to thaw his icy outlook with her whimsical charms and obvious beauty. He is damaged from a life of torment and she has the cure. I did find the language a bit clumsy at times, the effort to make it seem old and yet modern and a bit cheesy can be forgiven because it does have a really good story underneath. Plus aren't all books of this kind a bit cringe in places? Some chapters were a bit repetitive, he is wounded, she cares for him...they almost get together...Sometimes I found the heroine a bit unbelievable because she seemed so modern in her approach. But having said all of that! I couldn't put it down and finished it in about a day and a half, so I must have liked it. Good old fashioned cheesy romance, not amazingly well written but fun and saucy.
on 29 May 2011
Just started reading K M books and started with this series. Read this book a few months ago. Have just read Claiming the Highlander and Taming the Highlander in just over a week as they were so good. Couldn't even remember the plot or the characters of this book and bought it again and started reading it until some bits seemed familiar. The others are a lot more interesting so I wouldn't bother with this one.
on 29 August 2006
Could not put this book down. Read the book cover to cover in 8 hours straight. This is one of those rare books that actually makes you laugh out loud.
on 23 August 2013
I enjoyed this book and read it in one day, a nice romance with plenty of passion. Just something lacking for me as I like the heroines to be a bit more feisty and unwilling than this.
on 4 March 2016
Good condition
on 2 January 2016
Wasn't for me.
on 26 May 2001
this is the first book i read of this author the story was excellant from the start, it was unusal in that the herione was determined to go after what she wanted, even if it went against everyones wishes. buy this and enjoy!