Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 8 November 2000
his book is reaaly groovy but the endings a bit predictable. The characters are great 'specially Damon. Vamps are the greatest and he's the best one. READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 February 2010
A new series on ITV2 called the "Vampire Diaries started a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it. :-)

When I found out the series was based on novels by L.J.Smith I decided to buy the first four novels in the series as I know usually the novels that series are based on are even better, and I wasn't disappointed. :-)

The third novel "The Fury" starts off from where "The Struggle" finished. Elena has to deal with becoming a vampire, adjust to her new lifestyle and deal with her feelings that she has for both Stefan and Damon.

Stefan is heart broken with the recent events that have taken place and hates his brother even more.
After Damon has convinced Elena to feed, he then hides her so she can gain her strength and collect her thoughts on what's happened.

Elena gets fed up with being in the sttice and decides to wander, she ends up at the church where a memorial is taking place. She can see her friends and family in the church and people are talking about her. Elena then realises it's her memorial and the whole town has gathered to remember her.

The brothers are alerted by Elena's distress and rush to her side. Stefan arrives first and when Elena sees him, she knows she loves Stefan more than Damon. The memorial service ends and Damon arrives, the two brothers start argue again but are interrupted by a pack of dogs attacking townspeople outside the church.

Stefan and Damon conclude that the force that made Elena's car drive off the bridge was controlling the dogs. So now Elena and the brothers set out to find out what this force is and why is ait creating all this trouble.

Well, I don't want to say anymore about the story as I really don't want to spoil it for you.

The author grips you right from the start; her characters and the story are extremely well written. It's a very enjoyable and compulsive read; I just couldn't put this book down. :-)

If you're like me and you've been watching the TV series this is a must read. It's more involved and the story goes a little deeper into what's happened in the past. :-)

Even though these books are classed as young adult books, anyone from 14 years onward will enjoy them. It's an excellent horror novel and worth every penny. :-)
on 14 March 1999
The Vampire Diaries are the best books in the world!!! I love them all. I read this one first and it inspired me to read the others. Though I like them all pretty much equally and they are all really great the first one ("The Awakening") is my favorite. If you would like to e-mail me to talk about the books my adress is Alli851008@hotmail.com. My name is Allison and I'm from Fort Ashby,WV.
on 25 June 1999
This book was the best of the vampire diaries. I really loved the ending.(I have a thing for tradgedies).In this book you also get to know another side of Damon, witch is more gentle and nice compered to how cruel he was in the two first books.And I really love that kind of complexed persons, especially if they are as handsome as Damon.
on 18 July 1999
okay, for this book to be at it's best, you must read the others before it. (Vampire diaries) although you can pretty much tell who Elena is going to pick, this series has an unconventional fourth-of-the-triligy ending. the fourth book is less predictable, I would rate it five stars even though I think Elena picked the wrong guy.
on 25 June 1999
I have just finished the series so this is sort of a review for the whole thing! they are great, the characters are great and i think that it is very different from the things you see often on the teenage shelf. It had all the things are good book needed but sin't too corny!
on 27 January 1999
The dialect of this book was very pathetic. "I love you," and all that...this character did a complete 180 turning into some lovesick fool. This book reminded me of that other teenage **** out there like Sweet Valley and Fear Street...nothing creepy, nothing fantastic, it's just a book you read for the moment then forget about.
This isn't a book your teacher will be impressed to see you read, that's for sure...
on 7 March 1999
I have never been into reading but one day before saterday school i grabbed the first book of vampire diaries i could not put the book down i've read the series 4 or 5 times i would love to see a number 5 come out, or possibly a movie??? i've tried to read other books since then but somehow i always end up with L.J smiths masterpiece in my hands. Excellant book i recommend it to everyone.
on 25 May 1999
I've read this book at least 5 times. And each time it seems o get better!I don't like it as much as the forbidde game trilogy, but it still is one of the best! I couldn't stop crying at the end. Very sad, and the next one was amazing!But Lisa Jane needs to continue with this series, it kind of leaves you hanging with Dark Reunion.
on 20 December 1998
Hi! I guess everybody just wants to review the first one in a Trilogy, never the 3rd one. (hee hee). I loved this Trilogy, all books in it equally, I guess. As I said, if you haven't read it, you're gonna cry at the end. If you have, you know what I'm talking about. But this book is really awesome. Bye!