Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 17 October 2001
I really liked this book which tells the story of William and Saura. Lord William becomes blind as a result of a blow to the head. His father, hoping to cure him of his depression at his loss of sight, gets Lady Saura to come to their keep and become chatelain. The twist is that Saura is blind and has been from birth - a fact William doesn't know - she is also beautiful and young ... not an old nun as he imagines her to be. As the story developes, the two come together and William starts to come to terms with his handicap, but there is an enemy in their midst who takes advantage of their blindness to confuse them as to which one of William's friends is friend and which is foe.
I won't spoil the story by going into more detail, suffice it to say that I have all Christina Dodd's books and I have never been disappointed with any of them. She is my favourite writer and this is one of her books that I have read over and over. Definitely a keeper!!
on 25 June 2014
Fabulous book, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I could not put it down.